Latest Festivals News

Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Photo

Kendal Calling 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
2693 replies to this topic

#2681 ramragon

ramragon

staying out for the summer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

Found the reason for the wickerman / Kendal clash -

' Hi Steve

Thanks for your email, whilst it is unfortunate that the Wickerman dates will clash with Kendal Calling in 2013 it is unavoidable for us Iím afraid. Traditionally we have always run two weeks behind T in the Park as much of the equipment we use comes direct to us from T in the Park and it would be impossible for us to turn this around in just one week to run the event to a standard that both us as the organisers and the festival goers would be happy with.'

Oh well back to the planning for next year's festival circuit, was planning to do both like this year, Kendal will get the vote for me and I'll look for a second one to do intead

#2682 Jacko450

Jacko450

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 275 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:55 AM

Says the man with no luck with the weather !

The rain in Spain falls mainly on the gloomy bloke camping under a stripy bedsheet propped up by a broomshank !

Rolls off the tongue that one Ram!! :D

#2683 ramragon

ramragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:02 AM

I was trying to keep the offence level down to a minimum !

#2684 ramragon

ramragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:19 AM

Here's my lot

cheers, just uploading my camera stuff, i'll put a facebook link on here as well

#2685 the salmon

the salmon

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 07:13 PM

Seriously seriously considering Benicassim next year, for anyone wondering...

Flight to an airport called Reus , Ryanair fly there and its cheap as chips, much much much cheaper than Barca or Valencia.

You can get a bus down to Benicassim or trains there, its really simple.

I did both Kendal and Beni this year, similar festivals in terms of multi-genre in the acts that are on, but obviously massively different in terms of scale and temprature. Im 32 and was worried about the heat but it was fine, think the great thing about Beni was its a weeks holiday that just so happens to have 4 nights of music on (usually music doesnt start until 7 or 8 and finishes at 5 or 6am).

Get your flight booked early, we hired a car which worked well as we had a place to store luggage (so we could take more) and didnt run the risk of stuff getting nicked from the tent.

#2686 comfortablynumb1910

comfortablynumb1910

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 09:52 PM

Found the reason for the wickerman / Kendal clash -

' Hi Steve

Thanks for your email, whilst it is unfortunate that the Wickerman dates will clash with Kendal Calling in 2013 it is unavoidable for us I'm afraid. Traditionally we have always run two weeks behind T in the Park as much of the equipment we use comes direct to us from T in the Park and it would be impossible for us to turn this around in just one week to run the event to a standard that both us as the organisers and the festival goers would be happy with.'

Oh well back to the planning for next year's festival circuit, was planning to do both like this year, Kendal will get the vote for me and I'll look for a second one to do intead

Interesting. I suppose they need atleast 2 weeks to wipe the mud & sick off the T in the park gear ! I agree that it`s an unfortunate clash - pity. Might be a bit on the small side for you, but, always hear good reports about Eden festival. In the same neck of the woods as Wickerman and and happens in June. £55 early bird for 3 nights and kids free. We might give it a try. Badly drawn boy and Bombskare were there this year. Had forgotten I saw/enjoyed Bombskare at Kendal this year - thats the drink for you !

#2687 LOCHLAND5

LOCHLAND5

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 934 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 10:06 PM

Dear Kendal calling,

I'm a bit gutted that wickerman and KC clash next year!
Please would you consider having on sale them Scottish tartan hats you know the type with a ginger wig combo! I would prefer the musical version ones that play Donald where's ya trousers !
Also as you have had in the past food stalls from around the world could we include next year a Scottish theme?

Haggis and turnip is a must and could the limited bar possibly stock the devils wee ?
And last but not least can we have stovies in England we call it refried turds in Scotland it's a delicacy !

Ohhh yeah can you get sponsored by irn bru and have made in Scotland from girders tipi 's
Waiting in anticipation for next year .

Regards

Lakeland5

#2688 comfortablynumb1910

comfortablynumb1910

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,317 posts

Posted 09 August 2012 - 11:37 PM

Dear Lakeland,

We`ve given your e-mail some thought and think you raise some interesting points. Why not include a dress code of kilts ( skirts ) for the men and BayCity Rollers fancy dress for the lassies. The wigs shouldn`t be a problem and we can maybe arrange for a monster or two to hangabout in the lake / loch.
It is with regret that we have decide to ban Whisky ( note no "e" ) from the bars for reason that should be obvious .......
Haggis should be ok but the neeps and tatties are fecked with all this rain.
See you in the fields OR inthe hills,

Regards,

KC

p.s. Any idea where we can get some decent pallets ? Really struggling in these parts xD

#2689 Dididdlyi

Dididdlyi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 12:04 AM

I reckon Space will be there, not sure where on the bill, but last time I seen them they were amazing :)

#2690 ramragon

ramragon

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,061 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:37 AM

Interesting. I suppose they need atleast 2 weeks to wipe the mud & sick off the T in the park gear ! I agree that it`s an unfortunate clash - pity. Might be a bit on the small side for you, but, always hear good reports about Eden festival. In the same neck of the woods as Wickerman and and happens in June. £55 early bird for 3 nights and kids free. We might give it a try. Badly drawn boy and Bombskare were there this year. Had forgotten I saw/enjoyed Bombskare at Kendal this year - thats the drink for you !

id looked in to eden earlier this year, seems as if it would be ok but im quite tempted to a couple of festivals quite local to me in June, assuming they go ahead next year, Theres Willowman which is organised by some of the people who did wickerman and seems as if it would be ok, 50 for 4 days is fine by me and this years headliners of vintage trouble and benjamin francis leftwich would have suited me to the ground. I may still think of Eden as well though, the kendal/wickerman double seemed appealing because it fits in with the school holidays and theyre only 5 days apart so were great from a holiday point of view.

#2691 the salmon

the salmon

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 310 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 04:51 PM

Bit of a plug here (though I am nothing to do with the festival), but there is a nice festival just outside of York called Galtres Festival, its on Bank Holiday weekend. Line up is really good with a few names and the rest of the acts made up of local bands. Plenty of stuff to do for the family, and loads of proper ale (not a Carling or a Tuborg in sight!).

The festival website is http://www.galtresfestival.org.uk/ but there is an offer on adult tickets at half price (£45 from £90) at http://www.strayfm.c...pd-summer-2012/

I am sure this will appeal to some of the more mature Kendal goers....

#2692 Flaminglippy

Flaminglippy

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 06:04 PM

Bit of a plug here (though I am nothing to do with the festival), but there is a nice festival just outside of York called Galtres Festival, its on Bank Holiday weekend. Line up is really good with a few names and the rest of the acts made up of local bands. Plenty of stuff to do for the family, and loads of proper ale (not a Carling or a Tuborg in sight!).

The festival website is http://www.galtresfestival.org.uk/ but there is an offer on adult tickets at half price (£45 from £90) at http://www.strayfm.c...pd-summer-2012/

I am sure this will appeal to some of the more mature Kendal goers....

This actually looks really good! Haven't got long enough grovelling time for this year but next year could be on the cards...

#2693 sam12betsy

sam12betsy

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 116 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 07:06 PM

Apart from the extra charge for your tent!

#2694 Dididdlyi

Dididdlyi

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 11 posts

Posted 10 August 2012 - 10:01 PM

Far too expensive that York malarky I was really interested at first but the kids tickets are expensive as are the camping and £90 just for the bands is a big ask, this would work out more expensive than Kendal :(