Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

here is hoping anyway, reckon this time next week they will have Kendal Calling, T in The Park and V festival on their list of summer festivals!

at a guess, that probably won't be the case.

When they've played V in recent-ish years there's been restrictions on them doing other fests.

There don't appear to be any restrictions this year from what I'm hearing, so I'm thinking they won't be doing V (despite someone at V clearly being a big fan, from their previous bookings).

Wonder if Kendal will start to do the 'selling tickets the day after the festival has finished' thing...money permitting I'd pre-book that early just to guarantee we'd be going.

Still no rumours...

Although I do know one band whos on I think...one of the organisers e-mailed me asking what I thought about a certain band (think it might have been an accident). I won't say as it wouldnt really be fair...not the same as spending hours trawling through the internet for clues, self-announcements etc etc

Just realised...this probably isn't normal behaviour for grown-ups...

NB...its not James I'm on about!

Edited by Flaminglippy

Still no rumours...

Although I do know one band whos on I think...one of the organisers e-mailed me asking what I thought about a certain band (think it might have been an accident). I won't say as it wouldnt really be fair...not the same as spending hours trawling through the internet for clues, self-announcements etc etc

Just realised...this probably isn't normal behaviour for grown-ups...

NB...its not James I'm on about!

I put a post on the official Kendal Facebook with a suggested group....the Kendal guys responded saying that they'd seen the same group a couple of weeks ago and agreed they are great live.

The group we both saw are in the UK doing a festival in the UK 2 weeks after Kendal.....can't see them coming all the way over the Atlantic just for one 'tiny-tot' festival.....maybe its my conspiracy theorist mind working....but you never know lol

Edited by MickL

Good shout. Always liked them but can't remember ever catching them live

Just wasted my entire lunch (and part of the morning when I was supposed to be working) looking for clues and found exactly nada...I wouldnt mind, we find out in 2 days anyway...gimp

The presale link was only being sent to people who bought their tickets in the november earlybird offer last year. The pre sale are only for the emperors field as far as i know.

if you bought tickets in november and havent had an email i would suggest sending them a message, theyre usually pretty active on facebook, more so on there than on here.

hello,

the presale link was only being sent to people who bought their tickets in the november earlybird offer last year. The pre sale are only for the emperors field as far as i know.

if you bought tickets in november and havent had an email i would suggest sending them a message, theyre usually pretty active on facebook, more so on there than on here.

good to have you joining in though, with you being a regular at the festival over the last few years who would be your headlining choices then ?

We took up the earlybird last year, and Im glad we did, less money to think about forking out now :)

Hopefully getting sorted with the link by the kind fellas at KC.

As for who I would like to see headlining? Well i would LOVE Elbow, but thats never going to happen is it.

good to know youre sorted then, we discussed elbow playing last year and came to the conclusion theyd be too big then, think theyd be miles off the radar now unless they feel like playing a few more intimate gigs. Seen them loads over the years, without a doubt one of the festival bands around and guy garvey is brilliant as a frontman. His banter with the crowd is second to none.