Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

to be honest i dont know if they were carried away in a sea of hype that suddenly blew up around them but they were really poor, he had pretty much said theyd rushed the 2nd album out for public demand rather than spend time making and producing it. I think given a bit of time and a reality check would have probably done him the world of good .

id contacted them back in november about that lippy and was told if you'd bought pre release tickets they would give you priority booking on emperors field. I just emailed someone this morning asking if this was still the case because id only booked on the strength of getting the emperors field tickets.

Hot chip are at Bestival on the Friday, so that possibly rules them out ? I notice Kendal Calling has recently started following Thomas Dolby, who I recall being an 80's one/two hit wonder. Possible tea-time Friday or Saturday? He's also supporting James in America in the Spring, which might mean nothing at all..

Hot chip are at Bestival on the Friday, so that possibly rules them out ? I notice Kendal Calling has recently started following Thomas Dolby, who I recall being an 80's one/two hit wonder. Possible tea-time Friday or Saturday? He's also supporting James in America in the Spring, which might mean nothing at all..

tell me about it, i mailed them the other day and havent heard anything back. Im out all day thursday and not back till 4pm, i'll be really annoyed if i dont get the emperors field tickets as i could do with them for my wife and her arthritis and trouble walking.

even checked my spam filter,

rather amusingly i can make property investments and portfolios in Brazil, nee emperors field investments in kendal tho ! :roulette:

aye, no doubt by 9.30am thursday they'll be on ebay, no doubt slightly higher (ahem) than the release price !

cant remember a second release of tickets, could be wrong tho.

to be honest they probably could have released another 400 tickets and the field still wouldnt have been anywhere near full.

i took the mansion to glastonbury last year for 5 of us, life saver in the mud with one exception. The twts next to us used to lean on the poles whilst they yarked their wellies off, ended up with 4 smashed poles and 2 rips thru the flysheet by the end of the week. Luckily i carry spare poles and repair tape with me but its hassle you could do without.

There were acres of space last year. we camped more neaar the road and i dont think there were any tents in about 20metres. I know im a geordie but people dont usually give me that wide a berth !