Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds like a plan. Expecting stage times and TBC`s will be sorted in the next couple of days. Suspect Jake Bugg could be on around 6pm and would like to catch him as theres not much else outside the Headliners. Expecting to spend alot of time in the Solus tent....... Woops, this is probably the wrong forum for this !!

Is there a possibly that King Charles will be followed by Craig Charles on the Sunday at Kendal. That would be brilliant, and a tad confusing - at that stage in the game !

We've got weekend tickets but cant come up til Saturday...can someone give me an idea of where we would be able to camp? I know we'll be on the outskirts but just wondering what field we should head to really to save time as I'm sure we'll be cutting it fine for the first lot of bands!

And on that note....how early will Dodgy be on do we think?

Looking at the line up I would imagine dodgy will be on around 3pm,

Well that's my last night shift done, I'm officially on holiday for best part of 3 weeks, leaving for Wickerman country tomorrow before heading to Kendal next week

Cheeky whiskey to celebrate I think !

Well that's my last night shift done, I'm officially on holiday for best part of 3 weeks, leaving for Wickerman country tomorrow before heading to Kendal next week

Git...I'm working non-stop until next Wednesday! (over-time Sat and Sunday...gotta be done)Enjoy Wickerman fella...see you in the fields!(don't forget give us a shout if you need a hand...I'll message you my mobile number)

Nothing has been clarified yet...last year for me was simple - straight off the A66 onto the A6 for 4 miles then there.....this year, a week to go, still no idea.

As for an arrival time, I'm of the view "the earlier, the better"....and for that, we're aiming to be on site by 1pm Thursday (leaving West Yorkshire 10:30/11am).

Irrespective of how you access Emperors Field, as you're driving from the south you'll leave the M6 at junction 39....however, those camping in EF who are driving from the North or East could potentially be faced with an additional 20 miles of driving if we have to access the site with the normal campsite crowd.

Those getting taxis from Penrith could be hit with a whopping fare if the latter is the case as they'll have to head 13 miles south on the M6 and then 7 miles north off the M6!!

Nothing has been clarified yet...last year for me was simple - straight off the A66 onto the A6 for 4 miles then there.....this year, a week to go, still no idea.

As for an arrival time, I'm of the view "the earlier, the better"....and for that, we're aiming to be on site by 1pm Thursday (leaving West Yorkshire 10:30/11am).