Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rather late to the party, but just had a look at the map on the official site.

Really looking forward to what sounds like a more intimate fest that still has a pretty awesome sounding party vein running through it.

And a stupid good line up is always good.

Whats the most random reason anyone has specifically gone to see someone perform?

I think we have the most random reason for watching one act last year.....a guy by the name of Jaspar, a belgian...played the Calling Out fairly early on the Saturday....my missus wanted to go watch him cos he has the same name as our dog!!! He was actual ok as well!

I like Pulp but hate the arena....I've been there loads of times but its just so soulless....gimme the O2 academies anytime even though they are usually grubby & need a good clean....thats what gig venues are supposed to be like.

Oh, and as for The Sage in Gateshead.....what an amazing venue!!

I like Pulp but hate the arena....I've been there loads of times but its just so soulless....gimme the O2 academies anytime even though they are usually grubby &

Oh, and as for The Sage in Gateshead.....what an amazing venue!!

I'm sure it's at around that sort of figure but that includes staff, acts and traders as well. I think from what I remember the plan was to increase it to 20000 plus over a few years.

It depends where you read as to last years crowd, I thought it was 8000 but I've read some reports of 10k and some of 12k as well !

The increase in ticket sales explains the increase in band quality this year as the organisers would have more money to spend on the card, if you look at similar priced festivals this year ( the £100 mark) the kendal card shows real strength in depth, solfest looks pitiful in comparison with Adam ant, kt tunstall and big country as the main offers. Wickerman offers pretty strong headliners with scissor sisters and Texas but the card dwindles away after the top 2 main stage supports.

The festival sold out a couple of months before the event so there is some natural scope to increase the capacity, I've read that the lowther grounds could hold 25000 so it will be interesting to see how it develops next year both in capacity and band bookings.

I'm sure it's at around that sort of figure but that includes staff, acts and traders as well. I think from what I remember the plan was to increase it to 20000 plus over a few years.

It depends where you read as to last years crowd, I thought it was 8000 but I've read some reports of 10k and some of 12k as well !

The increase in ticket sales explains the increase in band quality this year as the organisers would have more money to spend on the card, if you look at similar priced festivals this year ( the £100 mark) the kendal card shows real strength in depth, solfest looks pitiful in comparison with Adam ant, kt tunstall and big country as the main offers. Wickerman offers pretty strong headliners with scissor sisters and Texas but the card dwindles away after the top 2 main stage supports.

The festival sold out a couple of months before the event so there is some natural scope to increase the capacity, I've read that the lowther grounds could hold 25000 so it will be interesting to see how it develops next year both in capacity and band bookings.