Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought We Are Scientists had cancelled their appearance for a moment earlier. On advice from the doctor they were told to cancel some dates which thankfully doesnt include kendal but I wad supposed to be seeing them in Manchester the tuesday after kendal and that's not happening now. So hoping Keith's voice holds out and it all goes ahead

I get the feeling the calling out tent is gonna be rammed for a few acts, It just seems a lot stronger than previous years and I can imagine admiral fallow, Sound of guns, King Charles, tribes and Ghostpoet getting bumper crowds to name a few, tribes are up against dizzee who seems to have got a slagging when the initial line up came out so I think they'll get massive support

Morrissey in Manchester and Savages in Leeds, so I'm going to make sure I have a bloody good time. Fancy dress on Saturday is a big group debate at the moment. I really don't fancy spending the day in the Calling Out dressed as Alice in Wonderlands duck, even after a few beers, I take music too seriously to be dressed up as a duck !!

I've just sat down for the first glass of beer of the weekend (always the best one) and I'm going to have to put Murder Ballads on the jukey now.. and it was going to be Pulp to celebrate getting tickets for Sheffield. The duck isn't happening, else I could be in a mood for enacting some of the more lurid ballads.

I have a feeling the Calling Out stage might be a bit bigger this year. Bigger crowd, and one or two 'more established' up and coming bands in there