Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tickets on sale next Thursday it seems with some lineup announced same day...

We've been in hibernation over these dark winter months but the sun has been back shining and we're thrilled to announce our on sale date...

Thursday 23rd February at 9am

First crop of the line-up will be revealed next Thursday, with hundreds more to come over the next few months.

We can't wait to be back in the fields with you for our 7th Kendal Calling.

easy come and easy go on the news then !

i cant imagine hime being at the festival and not playing some sort of set though, im assuming he's maybes taken over a small section of the festival or a tent to use as his own. be interesting to see what comes out about it.

for now i found this story on tim peaks cafe -

http://menmedia.co.u...anchester-store

Proper boutique festival with Tim Burgess selling the coffee.

Thursday 23rd Feb it is then. Tickets on sale and first crop of artists. Ready at 9 with my credit card and hopefully uninterrupted broadband

I'll chuck my guesses into the pot before the announcements.

Friday Pendulum or Example or Orbital (notice Chic are doing a few festivals, could fit the second headliner slot?)

Saturday Maccabees or Vaccines (with the leaning towards 80s new wave how about Peter Hook and the Light-be delighted with him)

Sunday James and Charlatans or Stranglers (FL has convinced me on this one, used to follow James around in the 80's when they were writing the rule book for Mumford and Sons, and I'd love a set from them for old times sake)

And if I was crossing my fingers I'd hope for:

Friday Massive Attack

Saturday Nick Cave / Morrissey

Sunday James / Inspiral Carpets

And The Lovely Eggs for a lunchtime set outside the real ale tent. I'll get me coat..

Tickets on sale next Thursday it seems with some lineup announced same day...

We've been in hibernation over these dark winter months but the sun has been back shining and we're thrilled to announce our on sale date...

Thursday 23rd February at 9am

First crop of the line-up will be revealed next Thursday, with hundreds more to come over the next few months.

We can't wait to be back in the fields with you for our 7th Kendal Calling.

Edited by ramragon

Sorry dude I just got that from their website, thinking of going for first time this year as year off glasto and looking for something smaller and more relaxed, too old for T or Leeds etc but do fancy a weekend camping with some music. not sure what to hope for on lineup but as long as a few bits to keep me going I will be happy. Are the emperors fields much better? I don't want to feel out of the way and dont mind field a bit crowded after years of struggling to find space at glasto and other festivals im sure it will be a doddle?

Sorry dude I just got that from their website, thinking of going for first time this year as year off glasto and looking for something smaller and more relaxed, too old for T or Leeds etc but do fancy a weekend camping with some music. not sure what to hope for on lineup but as long as a few bits to keep me going I will be happy. Are the emperors fields much better? I don't want to feel out of the way and dont mind field a bit crowded after years of struggling to find space at glasto and other festivals im sure it will be a doddle?

Edited by Flaminglippy

Hi

Am hoping you can help me out? Deciding which festival to go to and wondered what kind of age group Kendal Calling is aimed at - wondered if it might be a bit 'younger' than some others eg Green Man, End of The Road? I fitted right in at Green Man and don't want to go to Kendal and feel 'old'!

thanks for any info....

Hi

Am hoping you can help me out? Deciding which festival to go to and wondered what kind of age group Kendal Calling is aimed at - wondered if it might be a bit 'younger' than some others eg Green Man, End of The Road? I fitted right in at Green Man and don't want to go to Kendal and feel 'old'!

thanks for any info....

Hi

thanks for any info....

I'll chuck my guesses into the pot before the announcements.

Friday

And if I was crossing my fingers I'd hope for:

Friday Massive Attack

Saturday Nick Cave / Morrissey

And The Lovely Eggs for a lunchtime set outside the real ale tent. I'll get me coat..

Hadn't thought of that. Yes, my wish list includes Nick Cave headlining doing the complete Murder Ballads album ! Should quieten the arena down and prompt some nightmares. That is one seriously good album, its on our juke box but I've blank-keyed Stagger Lee so the kids can't play it !

a name who also seems to be headlining a few festivals this year that nobodys mentioned are friendly fires as well, couple of decent albums behind them and crowds always seem to enjoy their live performances. would imagine theyd fall in to the kendal headline budget.

wouldnt be my first choice but ive seen a lot worse over the years !

fratellis you know im talking about you :sarcastic:

a name who also seems to be headlining a few festivals this year that nobodys mentioned are friendly fires as well, couple of decent albums behind them and crowds always seem to enjoy their live performances. would imagine theyd fall in to the kendal headline budget.

wouldnt be my first choice but ive seen a lot worse over the years !

fratellis you know im talking about you :sarcastic:

Edited by Flaminglippy

God...the Fratellis...they were pisspoor live! Loved the first album (briefly). Made the mistake of buying one of their t-shorts BEFORE the gig though which I'm too embarrassed to wear in public...on the plus side, I always know what to wear when I'm doing some decorating.

Edited by ramragon

remember seeing them at glastonbury when they were rediculously high on the bill, sub-headlining the pyramid on friday night having just released their 2nd album. it was a grim affair, fair enough Chelsea Dagger and Henrietta had the crowd bouncing a bit but inbetween was just utter tosh.

never had the misfortune to catch em again, plus they seemed to disappear as quickly as they appeared