Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Evening/Morning all, Just up early here in Northern Espana. 5.00am and a nice 22c.

Whats the weather like in jolly old? Ive realised that it is most likely going tip down at Kendal do the forecasts suggest this?

Ps Ramragon, youll be amused to know that as I landed here in Spain sunday night IT RAINED! I truly am cursed.

Evening/Morning all, Just up early here in Northern Espana. 5.00am and a nice 22c.

Whats the weather like in jolly old? Ive realised that it is most likely going tip down at Kendal do the forecasts suggest this?

Ps Ramragon, youll be amused to know that as I landed here in Spain sunday night IT RAINED! I truly am cursed.

Well looking forward to my 3rd KC in a row, coming down from Glasgow. Must admit, when I first bought my ticket I was thinking that this is the weakest line up ever, however with Admiral Fallow being added, and rumours of a Collins/Frame duo, this could be a great year!

Have been listening to Shed 7 - Change Giver to get in the mood...forgot how bloody good an album that is. Also, been listening to a lot of the "lesser known" acts over the past week. It now looks like Hyde & Beast, Little Barrie, Sound of Drums, Little Roy and possibly Ghostpoet are now must sees for me.

Slightly surprised that Admiral Fallow are playing so far down the pecking order on a really small stage - best band on the bill IMO. Hopefully they won't be on ridiculously early as I don't expect to arrive until 4pm Friday.

Idle lunch hour so I thought I'd have a look at the site map ! (In the old days Friday lunchtime was the start of the weekend beer marathon, and it certainly will be in two weeks time)

The site setup looks pretty similar to last year to me (once you turn the main stage round !). There looks to be more space 'behind' the Main Stage this year (it was fenced off stageside on the left last year). Makes me wonder whether it is being moved slightly to where the Calling Out space was, as there was a downhill camber for both stages. If the Emperors Field isn't a separate access to site it will be like it was two years ago, where access was across the main campsite to the main entrance. Makes me think the Emperors Field may be one of the fields north of the site.

Friday : Lucy Rose, Admiral Fallow, Ghostpoet

Saturday :Edwyn Collins?, To Kill a King, Alpines

Sunday :James, Inspirals, Riot Jazz Brass Band

And the Kendal weekend I'm missing Featherstone Rovers in the Rail Cup Final, Morrissey in Manchester and Savages in Leeds, so I'm going to make sure I have a bloody good time. Fancy dress on Saturday is a big group debate at the moment. I really don't fancy spending the day in the Calling Out dressed as Alice in Wonderlands duck, even after a few beers, I take music too seriously to be dressed up as a duck !! I've got a Roy Race number 9 shirt which I'm trying to palm off as fitting the theme, we'll see how we go..