Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

so if you're equiped with 2 chairs, cargo pants and a set of wellies it cud be possible to smuggle 20 cans in ! quite an achievement

probably worth the "looking like you've shat yourself walk" for 20 minutes

if 20 cans aint enough then you could plug for the wader above option and get another 8 or 10 in !

well, saying we're swapping smuggling techniques !

if the past i've taken a few of those folding camping chairs that you see everywhere, which comes packed in a bag that looks like

5818_1.jpg

then take the chair out of a bag and fill it with cans, sling it over your back and walk in ! works better if you're carriying a few chairs for people. you can fit 6 or 7 cans in a bag !

then take the chair out of a bag and fill it with cans, sling it over your back and walk in ! works better if you're carriying a few chairs for people. you can fit 6 or 7 cans in a bag !

Edited by MickL

You can even get cans in the bag with the chair still inside.....if the festival gestapo want to look, you just open the top of the bag so they can see the folded up chair.

However, if its gonna be a scorcher, the best alcohol to smuggle in if you're just in shorts & t-shirt is wine.....although it has to be a wine box.....simply remove the pouch from inside the box and stash it inside your boxers....not even the brutest of the festival gestapo is gonna frisk you down there!!

Edited by ramragon

The reason I won't post my tips is that I don't want my cover blown....but to be fair the main reason we smuggle is that we don't want to drink beer all day. It's heavy and slows you down, you have to stand with a pint which is awkward in crowds watching bands, or to dance with - it's always either too full, or nearly time that you have to get another one, and you have to go to the loo loads.

A significant quantity of spirits is far easier to smuggle, and once it's in a coke bottle it travels with you easily through the day.

We still buy more than a few pints (and of course our mixers) from the festival anyway so everyone's a winner!

Actually - I have to say that if the festival would sell us a slightly overpriced 1/4 bottle of rum or vodka inside the fence, we'd probably just buy that! I often wonder why they don't do that?

Part of the reason I used to smuggle stuff in occasionally at the bugger festivals was the queues at the bar often meant you'd end up missing some band you wanted to see waiting to a get a weak overpriced lager...certainly that hasn't been the case the last few years at Kendal. I remember watching the Subways start a song, I got up, went and bought a pint and got back before the end of the same song.

I hope the drainage on site is good.....this new deluge can't be doing the ground any good.

Hopefully as the site lies between the Yorkshire Dales and Lake District, the underground will be limestone based meaning the water drains away very easily and quickly.

Lakeland - what have the conditions been like underfoot in the area when you've been out with your pooch?

I hope the drainage on site is good.....this new deluge can't be doing the ground any good.

Hopefully as the site lies between the Yorkshire Dales and Lake District, the underground will be limestone based meaning the water drains away very easily and quickly.

Lakeland - what have the conditions been like underfoot in the area when you've been out with your pooch?

Edited by lakeland5

yes MickL your right we are on a rich vein of limestone all around us, the arena itself shouldnt have to many problems as i would pressume as is the case in most areas of the park that hold events, they have had drainage channels installed ( large trenches filled with stones) in areas where the water stands.

Its all to do with how long it rains for, the park does reach a saturation point and at that point your knackered last years world sheep dog trials on the same site was a complete wash out they were dragging them on never mind dragging them off to get out.

i wouldnt panic about weather yet though fella.

I drove through the park this morning its pissing down here !

New road is in looked a bit wet though i would suggest layers of dolomite dust compacted into what they have done with MOT grade hardcore, when combined it forms a hard wearing durable surface .