Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Has anyone got any opinions or caught any of the lesser know bands before ? Who should I stray from the main stage to catch ? I'm still hoping for 2 appearances from vintage trouble over the festival, you gonna put me out of my misery naarjtie ? You did for king Charles

1st time heading for Kendal. Is it considered bad form to be smuggling a couple of cold ciders into the arena ?

Just a couple mind !!!!

Last year at Wickerman the security on the gate were only just stopping short of turning everyone upside down. Caused alot of aggro and a few folk got so pissed off at the searching they aint going back.

1st time heading for Kendal. Is it considered bad form to be smuggling a couple of cold ciders into the arena ?

Just a couple mind !!!!

Last year at Wickerman the security on the gate were only just stopping short of turning everyone upside down. Caused alot of aggro and a few folk got so pissed off at the searching they aint going back.

you can try ! the officials were checking at every entry point in to the arena last year but if youre desperate and creative you might get away with it ! Yeah i read a few people werent happy with the wickerman security, im going to both with the wife and bairn so getting tanked up every nights not the top of my priority list ( or so i've been told ! ha ha )

As you all know I'm not coming but will be in the car park selling novelty light ups.

You know the sort of thing red flashing devil horns, flashing star specs , fairy wands and this years newest line the flashing led tambourine come and say high , huge discounts to efesters and manc- al you can take your pick on 2 items free of charge .

Guest manc_al

Has anyone got any opinions or caught any of the lesser know bands before ? Who should I stray from the main stage to catch ? I'm still hoping for 2 appearances from vintage trouble over the festival, you gonna put me out of my misery naarjtie ? You did for king Charles

When I used to do it, I always found shoving cans down the back of your wellies and trousers, going up to security and asking 'sorry mate, is the cash point this way?' (pointing away from the arena)would 9/10 lead to them saying 'no, its over there', shepherding you into the arena unchecked...

At V once I managed to get 4 cans into my wellies and 3 in my pants once (drunken competition) which had the unfortunate side-effect of making me walk like I'd shat myself...incidentally another way of ensuring security dont want to search you...

well, saying we're swapping smuggling techniques !

if the past i've taken a few of those folding camping chairs that you see everywhere, which comes packed in a bag that looks like

5818_1.jpg

then take the chair out of a bag and fill it with cans, sling it over your back and walk in ! works better if you're carriying a few chairs for people. you can fit 6 or 7 cans in a bag !