Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

Im sorry to talk about rain once again but as most of you now know, I just dont get good weather at a festival so I was thinking, If it wasnt for our gazebo we wouldve been sat in camp absolutely soaked our bound to our tents. Out of interest how come these are not allowed at Kendal? I like a good gazebo :(

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Real Ale tent announcement comes second only to the weather forecast in order of importance for me. Quality. Just hope its located nearer to the Calling Out this year. I had a big transit problem last year!

Should be plenty of low-key announcements in the next couple of weeks, the bulk of the Calling Out stage, the Soapbox, and 2 or 3 other small stages (?) plus a couple of main stage fillers I reckon.

Went to the Long Division festival in Wakefield the other week and I'd love a few of the band we saw there to come to Kendal. I spoke to Mickey P Kerr and he says he's not at Kendal this year, which is a blow, but any of Withered Hand, H Hawkline, The Vaselines or Aiden Moffat from Long Division would be ace

lakeland....we know you're not going but is there any chance you can cast some local insight to the layout we'll expect to see this year?

you mentioned last week that the old emperors field is staff camping this year....where is the new emperors field in relation to the old one?

come on, give us poor un-informed some chat fodder!!! lol

lakeland....we know you're not going but is there any chance you can cast some local insight to the layout we'll expect to see this year?

you mentioned last week that the old emperors field is staff camping this year....where is the new emperors field in relation to the old one?

come on, give us poor un-informed some chat fodder!!! lol

If you're in general camping it depends how close you get to the entrance - but the maximum time is gonna take no more than 10/15 minutes (even allowing for copious amounts of alcohol).

Last year Emperors Field was no more than 5 minutes from the middle of the field to the gate into the arena.

If you're taking 30+ minutes then you're heading along the M6!!

Im sorry to talk about rain once again but as most of you now know, I just dont get good weather at a festival so I was thinking, If it wasnt for our gazebo we wouldve been sat in camp absolutely soaked our bound to our tents. Out of interest how come these are not allowed at Kendal? I like a good gazebo :(

most festivals say no gazebo's but loads of people ingnore the rule, i cant say i've ever seen security tell people to take them down though. Think its probably more applicable where camping spots are really tight like Glastonbury, i could have put a marquee up in the emperors last year to chill in and it wouldnt have interfered with anyones space !

Just been looking at google maps and am struggling to visualise......the area you seem to be suggesting is an area where main camping was last year.....i'm wondering if the new field is the field just to the south of the old emperors field.....looks big enough from the air and would probably mean a short walk through the woods, bringing you into the site around the calling out stage (or where the calling out stage was last year)