Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hydrostatic Head means the amount of water held directly above the tent fabric in a tube before it start to leak - the higher the number the more waterproof the tent - entry level these days is 2000, anything above is a bonus.

Yup, Thursday again for me....will look to get on site between 1pm & 2pm....an hour to set up with a few beers, a few more beers, an afternoon siesta and then bbq and walk into the village green for the evening (with a few more beers!!).

Hydrostatic Head means the amount of water held directly above the tent fabric in a tube before it start to leak - the higher the number the more waterproof the tent - entry level these days is 2000, anything above is a bonus.

Yup, Thursday again for me....will look to get on site between 1pm & 2pm....an hour to set up with a few beers, a few more beers, an afternoon siesta and then bbq and walk into the village green for the evening (with a few more beers!!).

jacko, after hearing all your news about never having decent weather at a festival do you not fancy heading down on friday and giving me and the rest of lads and lasses a chance to get set up in the sun before you arrive ! :sarcastic::sarcastic:

i've pretty much got the same plan as the rest of you, aiming to be there around 1pm, get set up and chill out a bit with a few beers before a bbq and heading in to the green for a drink or 2

Thursday was really relaxing last year, the flow of people in to the site was slow and the fields were still fairly empty by the night time, can't imagine there were many more than 100 tents in the emperors on Thursday last year, general camping was a bit fuller but still not packed.

I have no idea whatsoever what that means...but I assume its not great! Don't matter anyway...if it pisses down we're getting wet regardless! And at least it means I'll get to have a shower this year...

Assuming most of us on here are going down on the Thursday? Can anybody remember if there was a cafe by Penrith station?? We're on the train at 7.20 so sod all chance of getting breakfast before we get there

There is McDonald's next door or if you traveling light walk past McDonald's cross the road and your at morrisons super market good cafe, opens at 7:30 ...... I think.

Plus you could just get your supply's there and travel even lighter and get a taxi from outside the doors.

Thursday was really relaxing last year, the flow of people in to the site was slow and the fields were still fairly empty by the night time, can't imagine there were many more than 100 tents in the emperors on Thursday last year, general camping was a bit fuller but still not packed.