Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

Morning All,

Having booked tickets Im already excited B)

I just have one, question... Me and another friend have emperors field tickets but the rest of our group didnt get them in time. So we want the benefits of what we have paid for e.g the toilets and showers but want to camp with them.

Would me and said be able to park up in Emperors, leave the cars, go camp with the rest in the normal camping and come back into shower and things?

Apologies if I am being daft!

Cheers in advance

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heres a dumbass question (I'm full of them)...I'm guessing they make extra money on the Emperors Fields tickets (even factoring extra security/showers etc). Why not make more of the fields EF and make even more money?? More people get what they want and they make more money...everybodies happy!

Heres a dumbass question (I'm full of them)...I'm guessing they make extra money on the Emperors Fields tickets (even factoring extra security/showers etc). Why not make more of the fields EF and make even more money?? More people get what they want and they make more money...everybodies happy!

not really sure how much more they could do there to put extra value on the ticket, problem they had last year was that the showers were in the emperors field and every morning it became quite apparant that there were loads of lasses heading from the general camping areas, straight through the fence in to the emperors field and hogging the showers. Every morning you saw loads walking through the cut with their towels.

This year seemingly you cant camp next to the car which is going to annoy a lot of people when they get there due to the fact that the people in the emperors last year were traeting it like a normal campsite, where you take a big tent, gas bottles, seats, tables, etc etc etc. With you being able to camp next to the car you didnt have to carry your gear anywhere so it was park up, set up. This year there will be people livid when they get there and realise they have to carry their 35kilo tents to where they want to set up, then carry all their equipment.

Unless you policed the area right, maybes put a seperate bar in the area, a decent food joint to go with the showers and toilets, parking next to the tents i cant imagine you would get people paying much more for the pleasure

Without being ridiculous, if people can just waltz in and use the showers, couldnt they just camp there if the security is that loose?

Surely it needs to be sorted or its not really worth paying for emperors if you can just sneek in? haha.

I dont mind sharing :) just dont get the point of charging more if they are available to the masses.

Thanks

PS. are the showers cleaner than at others Festivals?

whats peoples opinions on which bands may be added in the next announcement then ? we had a fair stab at the first announcement. Looking at the line up you would imagine there will be a few more more recognisable acts to come.

with all the love shown for the 90's i see the farm are touring, playing the spartacus album !

Dead chuffed tonight, random text off an old mate saying they wanted me to take them to a festival this year. I had already bought couple of tickets for KC but hadnt yet managed to confirm who was coming with me. An instant suggestion back of KC followed by instant agreement and jobs a good one, I can rest at ease knowing that KC is happening.

James, Shed7, Feeder, Dodgy etc...take me back to the 90s!!!!!

whats peoples opinions on which bands may be added in the next announcement then ? we had a fair stab at the first announcement. Looking at the line up you would imagine there will be a few more more recognisable acts to come.

with all the love shown for the 90's i see the farm are touring, playing the spartacus album !

Agree that Young Rebel Set would be a great addition to the line up, it'll be interesting to see who they put up against dizzee rascal in the calling out tent, shame Vintage Troubles set couldnt be swapped as the crowd would be massive for them, think it'll still be a large crowd on the sunday but i can imagine a lot of James fans would like them as well

sound of guns are playing the acadamy in newcastle on tuesday, seen them a few times before and they were excellent. Im working that night and couldnt take the time off, gutted cos the tickets are only £7 including booking fee !

Pretty sure theyre playing a few festivals this year trying to drum up a few more fans

We've booked our tickets for Kendal Calling again this year. We've been three times before (once at the old place, it was a mud bath that year!). We didn't go last year, opted for Bearded Theory instead. Anyway...... we've got Thursday tickets, weekend tickets and Emperor's Field tickets booked. Can someone tell me more about the Emperor's Field? The site says you're camped closer to your car and nicer toilets - all sounds good. I've had some bad experiences of toilets at Kendal! Can anyone tell me anything more about it? Is it a quiet camping area - we're not dead rowdy, we like to play some music at the tent, but not dead loud and not to all hours. Kinda wondering now if we've done the right thing, might be better in the noisy camping. Thank you :-)

Edited by lisobely

We've booked our tickets for Kendal Calling again this year. We've been three times before (once at the old place, it was a mud bath that year!). We didn't go last year, opted for Bearded Theory instead. Anyway...... we've got Thursday tickets, weekend tickets and Emperor's Field tickets booked. Can someone tell me more about the Emperor's Field? The site says you're camped closer to your car and nicer toilets - all sounds good. I've had some bad experiences of toilets at Kendal! Can anyone tell me anything more about it? Is it a quiet camping area - we're not dead rowdy, we like to play some music at the tent, but not dead loud and not to all hours. Kinda wondering now if we've done the right thing, might be better in the noisy camping. Thank you :-)

Jthere`s a magical version of She`s A Star - James, out there to download from the recent orchestra tour - from Liverpool I think. Unfortunately my IT skills can`t get the link from the James website onto here. It really is magical and would do the CD proud. If someone else could do the honours you`ll not be disappointed.i think it was on Dime but in my world that`s a chocolate bar.

sound of guns are playing the acadamy in newcastle on tuesday, seen them a few times before and they were excellent. Im working that night and couldnt take the time off, gutted cos the tickets are only £7 including booking fee !

Pretty sure theyre playing a few festivals this year trying to drum up a few more fans

Question for the regulars, how long are the set times for the headliners, and are they the same time all 3 nights?

I go to Bingley every year and it seems the Saturday headline slot gets a bit longer than Sunday, I hope it isnt the case here (and James get to do a 3 hour set :) ).