Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S

Sitting watching it now, real eye opener. I moan at paying touts a bit over face value. Couldnt imagine ever having the spare cash to shell out 200 notes on a coldplay gig, did you see the one advert for a coldplay ticket at over 2 grand, outrageous.

Edited by Flaminglippy

They'll always argue its supply and demand, but the suggestion was last night its not a level playing field. Like the 4k tickets allocated to Seatwave by the V promotors. Those 4k tickets would have easily gone within days if they'd be available to normal punters.

Very shady business.

Fair play to the e-festivals website for refusing to let them advertise on their pages.

I think a 10% cap over face value for resale is more than fair.

I know when I've had spare tickets in the past I've flogged them through Scarletmist with no difficulties.

Who do we reckon then...

Being both optimistic AND realistic...like to see-.

Vaccines

Super Furrys

Editors

Complete Stone Roses

Shed 7

Manics (although they won't be touring apparently)

Roots Manuva

Wind-Up Birds (again!)

Mansun (if ever get back together)

Little Roy (doing his Nirvana covers)

Spiritualized

Public Enemy

Teenage Fanclub

whats everyones opinions on the next band name releases then ? do people think there will be a few more familiar names added or do you all think it'll be new and up and coming bands from here on in ?

i know last year it was the second announcement that brought us the names of house of pain, frank turner and lancashire hotpots to name a few but this years initial band name release seems much larger than last year.

by the way people are reacting on here i think most people seem generally happy with what theyve got already.

whats everyones opinions on the next band name releases then ? do people think there will be a few more familiar names added or do you all think it'll be new and up and coming bands from here on in ?

i know last year it was the second announcement that brought us the names of house of pain, frank turner and lancashire hotpots to name a few but this years initial band name release seems much larger than last year.

by the way people are reacting on here i think most people seem generally happy with what theyve got already.

following on from the ticket debate the other day i see The CPA (concert promoters association) have released a statement -

"If promoters put tickets into the secondary market then the result is that prices are brought down whilst also ensuring that some of the tickets available in the secondary are actually genuine ones," the CPA said in a statement.

The secondary market was "effectively being used as a premium price primary market for those fans who wish to use it for convenience", it added.

Those fans would be happier that a premium paid "went to the artist via the promoter rather than went to a tout", it said.

As a ticket buyer i dont want to buy tickets at a premium price for the convenience of it, especially not at some of the prices quoted. The show quoted V tickets which had a face value of around £200, 4000 of them were "supplied" secretly to the ticket companies which sold them on for up to £700 each. Where is the convenience in paying that rediculous amount for a ticket. Another aspect of the show was people who had camped out all night at the ticket office to be first in the queue and to be told the first few rows had already sold out, again thats disgusting, if you have the inclination and willpower to camp outside in all weather to be first in the queue you should be given first choice of tickets, they shouldnt have been ferried off to a ticket company for peoples "conveniences" at a "premium price"

High price concerts like V and t in the park where demand is massive and touts run riot should be governed the same way that Glastonbury do their business, with photographs on tickets, sure its not perfect but it cuts down a massive amount of second hand sales, whos gonna buy a £700 ticket on the off chance they look like the person on the photograph