Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good Afternoon All

Having been to Glasto for the last 3 years with only 1 of the 3 being what I could honestly call money well spent I have gone searching for alternative festival entertainment. For me, the main problems with Glasto are the nightmare to get tickets, the soul-destroying walk from car to camp, too many stages, too many people and piss-poor organisation.

By my count the score currently lies at Kendal Calling 5 - Glastonbury 0.

I've never been to KC so I won't know for sure until I get there but so far all the signs are very positive!

I've gone for the Emporers Camping option - can someone give me an idea of the distance between car and camp? The journey for comparison is Glasto which still makes me hurt just thinking about it!

See you all there!

Good Afternoon All

Having been to Glasto for the last 3 years with only 1 of the 3 being what I could honestly call money well spent I have gone searching for alternative festival entertainment. For me, the main problems with Glasto are the nightmare to get tickets, the soul-destroying walk from car to camp, too many stages, too many people and piss-poor organisation.

By my count the score currently lies at Kendal Calling 5 - Glastonbury 0.

I've never been to KC so I won't know for sure until I get there but so far all the signs are very positive!

I've gone for the Emporers Camping option - can someone give me an idea of the distance between car and camp? The journey for comparison is Glasto which still makes me hurt just thinking about it!

See you all there!

theyve changed the field this year so not fully sure, it wont be far though, im used to the glastonbury trek as well so what i can tell you is last year it was a case of park tent in emperors field, get out of car, pitch tent next to car !

a total joy, also meant you could leave any valuables or beer locked up in the car and it was just outside the tent when you needed it.

i know this year theyre stating - "a car park adjacent to the tents" so your guess is as good as mine although i cant imagine it'll be far.

last year from the tent in to the emperors field was a trek over the field, down a little cut then in to the arena areas

Having tottally given up on Leicesters Summer Sundae after another shocking line up has been announced yet again with again! another price hyke i am looking elsewhere! with James and Maximo Park announced i am drawn to Kendal calling! just wondering what to expect! if any of you Kendal Calling regulars could help out it would be hugely appreciated :)

Capacity of festival roughly?

Anything in the festivals surrounding areas? shops?pubs?

Disposable BBQs allowed in campsite?

Bar Prices onsite?

Own alcoholic beverage of choice allowed in arena or campsite only?

any answers appreciated! Cheers Kendal! :D

Capacity of festival roughly? 8000

Anything in the festivals surrounding areas? shops?pubs? middle of a deer park ! so very little

Disposable BBQs allowed in campsite? yep, i used 3 last year. just no fires

Bar Prices onsite? usual £3.50 to £4 a pint

Own alcoholic beverage of choice allowed in arena or campsite only? campsite only, i couldnt condone smuggling in but some people seemed to, although the stewards did check

Having tottally given up on Leicesters Summer Sundae after another shocking line up has been announced yet again with again! another price hyke i am looking elsewhere! with James and Maximo Park announced i am drawn to Kendal calling! just wondering what to expect! if any of you Kendal Calling regulars could help out it would be hugely appreciated :)

Bar Prices onsite?

Bar Prices onsite?

Well I hope the weather isn't like it was last Dizzee headlined - i had never rain like it and I have lived in the Lakes for 30 years! It was at a different place to where it is now (actually in kendal) and can remember standing outside the dance tent looking up the field at the main tent covered head to foot in mud from trying to get up hill listening to the bass coming from Dizzees set. Great weekend :)

Well I hope the weather isn't like it was last Dizzee headlined - i had never rain like it and I have lived in the Lakes for 30 years! It was at a different place to where it is now (actually in kendal) and can remember standing outside the dance tent looking up the field at the main tent covered head to foot in mud from trying to get up hill listening to the bass coming from Dizzees set. Great weekend :)

The rain that year was terrible, thought it couldn't get any worse...then I went to Bestival a few weeks later. Now that was real rain, a proper monsoon, causing stages to sink and acts to be canceled. It's hard to be fazed by the weather having survived that! British Sea Power's set to close Kendal Calling that year is still probably my favourite festival performance from any band, though Flaming Lips ran it close at last years Bestival.

The rain that year was terrible, thought it couldn't get any worse...then I went to Bestival a few weeks later. Now that was real rain, a proper monsoon, causing stages to sink and acts to be canceled. It's hard to be fazed by the weather having survived that! British Sea Power's set to close Kendal Calling that year is still probably my favourite festival performance from any band, though Flaming Lips ran it close at last years Bestival.

fk me theres some real moaning going on in facebook land, pleased the attitude is a bit more serene on here, not really sure what most of em are moaning about cos they'll be shitfaced and high as kites by 8pm anyway !

seriously, if people arent happy with the line up then dont go, at least the organisers released the line up on key with the ticket sales giving you the option, its not like they sold all the tickets and then dropped the dizzee bombshell on you.

you must be lying low on here naarjtie to avoid the heat are you ! xD

Edited by ramragon

Loving the line up so far, but suspect will only catch a few of them as will be off elsewhere doing other stuff. ALthough Shed 7 is an absolute must!

Am very miffed at the booking fees though. Handed over £200 today - of which £25.50 is to Ticketline!

I hope that is all the fees and that I dont need to pay more to pay the balance - cant remember from last year - anyone remind me?

Loving the line up so far, but suspect will only catch a few of them as will be off elsewhere doing other stuff. ALthough Shed 7 is an absolute must!

Am very miffed at the booking fees though. Handed over £200 today - of which £25.50 is to Ticketline!

I hope that is all the fees and that I dont need to pay more to pay the balance - cant remember from last year - anyone remind me?