Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

No bother mickey, looking at the camping areas last year I'm pretty sure they could have housed more people, compared to the pictures of other festival camping the tents didn't seem to be crammed in. The site itself could take more people as well which is why looking at the map this year the site doesn't look too different. I get the feeling with an increase next year you might see the layout stretch a bit.

Looking back through the back pages on here will be full of random wittering and repeated posts ! Although I'm sure there will be some useful stuff as well. As for you're age, don't stress it, I think a majority of people on her tend to be a bit older, certainly from mid 30's upwards

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking for some advice.......... Due to an unforseen feck up we can`t head down from Scotland till the Saturday morning. Would expect to be on site by lunchtime. Can I assume that there will be someone on the gate to sort us out ? Shouldn`t expect there will be much of a q !!!

To further complicate matters were bringing the weans so would rather not just shoehorn the tent into the first available space. We had been planning on the "quiet " camping. Whats my chances on a Saturday afternoon pitch ( assuming I get in ) !!

I'm fairly comfortable about my age ramragon. I still feel like a 25 yr old in my head and don't look a day over, er, 49! Might have to pack a couple of planks to help me off the car park. Not decided on the booze yet. I'm a real ale snob so that rules out cans. Last couple of years I took a polypin with ale in but it's quite heavy. Never mind - I've got a couple of weeks to decide!

Looking for some advice.......... Due to an unforseen feck up we can`t head down from Scotland till the Saturday morning. Would expect to be on site by lunchtime. Can I assume that there will be someone on the gate to sort us out ? Shouldn`t expect there will be much of a q !!!

To further complicate matters were bringing the weans so would rather not just shoehorn the tent into the first available space. We had been planning on the "quiet " camping. Whats my chances on a Saturday afternoon pitch ( assuming I get in ) !!

Edited by ramragon

Were in general camping. Been reading through the day splits and although still a bit pi**ed off, if I HAD to miss a day it would be Friday. Had a horrible vision of having to throw the young uns over a fence to get in !

It`s my own fault for arriving so late but would like to minimise that damage by still getting into the family camping area. Whats my chances ???

Were in general camping. Been reading through the day splits and although still a bit pi**ed off, if I HAD to miss a day it would be Friday. Had a horrible vision of having to throw the young uns over a fence to get in !

It`s my own fault for arriving so late but would like to minimise that damage by still getting into the family camping area. Whats my chances ???

Preparations have begun is sunny Ossett......

1. Checklist done

2. Disposable BBQs bought (3 x party size, 3 x regular size)

3. BBQ utensils checked

4. Paper plates bought

5. Plastic glasses bought

6. New windbreak bought

7. Tent checked

8. Tent light & head torches checked

9. Air pump checked

Just clothes, toiletries, food & drink to sort out before all systems are go!!

Guest manc_al

1. Checklist done

3. BBQ utensils checked

4. Paper plates bought

6. New windbreak bought

7. Tent checked

9. Air pump checked

I'm way excited now. Sunday is the start of my working week so from tomorrow I can say Kendal is next week :)

Sorted all my camping gear now, bought gas for my stove, alcohol has been stored away, clothing packed for all possible weather conditions. All I need to do now is get there with all my stuff on the coach with minimal back damage - I don't know the meaning of packing lightly.

1. Checklist done

3. BBQ utensils checked

4. Paper plates bought

6. New windbreak bought

7. Tent checked

9. Air pump checked

As usual the bands I wanna see seem to be concentrated around the main stage, calling out and kaylied (chai wallahs), can anyone recommend a band or act for some of the other stages for me to take in, I think pretty much every suggestion on here falls in to the 3 stages I mentioned.

Apart from lakelands Utah saints knees up which still has me shivering now

As usual the bands I wanna see seem to be concentrated around the main stage, calling out and kaylied (chai wallahs), can anyone recommend a band or act for some of the other stages for me to take in, I think pretty much every suggestion on here falls in to the 3 stages I mentioned.

Edited by MickeyMo

Cheers, I seem to remember stumbling in to the riot jazz last year about midnight before heading back to the tent. God knows who was on, got some memories of an Irish lass singing with a gypsy style band playing, although admittedly that could have been some dodgy food or drink kicking in

I was gonna offer to take the tent off you at Wickerman and set it up for you but we're in the emperors so I can't imagine I'll be able to get it thru and set up in the general area that easy, I don't think the areas were jam packed last year, plus I've gotta say with you having bairns you probably wouldn't wanna be in the thick of it anyway. The general camping over the last few years has tended to be louder with loads of drunken teens and I can't imagine this year being much different so maybes arriving a bit later and being forced to camp on the outskirts of the field would do you a favour anyway. Wherever you camp you won't have that far to trek to get in to the arena so don't let that worry you,

Don't think you'll have trouble either getting in or finding a spot to camp to be honest

Cheers sir, Am sure we`ll get in somwhere ! Will have that feeling of arriving late at the party but really looking forward to out 1st Kendal. Went up North to see James at a fest in May and they are in amazing form. I suspect they might steal the show and atleast we are there in plenty of time to catch their set !

Anyone had any thoughts yet about a time & place for a meet yet? Looking at the map, a couple of options as top places.....campsite bar/solar songsmith? tim peaks diner? in front of the main stage (near sound control)? chai wallahs?

Any thoughts?

Anyone had any thoughts yet about a time & place for a meet yet? Looking at the map, a couple of options as top places.....campsite bar/solar songsmith? tim peaks diner? in front of the main stage (near sound control)? chai wallahs?

Any thoughts?