Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We'll have to sort the E-fest meet-up up at some point.

Was telling my missus about this and she had a look at the forum and goes 'Why does everybody have weird names?'. I was like 'Don't let Ramragon and Joy Division Oven Gloves hear you say that!'

Hydrostatic Head means the amount of water held directly above the tent fabric in a tube before it start to leak - the higher the number the more waterproof the tent - entry level these days is 2000, anything above is a bonus.

I always end up saying this, but it is a really obvious thing when you think about it. Don't take loo roll, take pocket tissues. You are not going to carry a whole loo roll round with you all day, and if you tear off any amount of it, even if you put it in a little polythene bag, when you come to use it it'll be a scrunched up little mess.

A pack of pocket tissues is easily portable and stays dry and usable all day long.

You can get 12 packs of them in a poundshop!

Also - the padlock thing - it doesn't only say "I have stuff worth nicking" , it also says "I'm out"! A padlock doesn't lock a tent, it just ensure that anyone who does want to rob you has to wreck your tent to do it.

Also - as a "young person" you may be OK with a roll mat - I was when I was young! It's as I've got older that I've started to creak! Air beds are good though!

Have a brilliant time!

Kendal calling is fantastic ............

But how would you feel if there was a real potential of you as a person losing out financially while it took place ?

Maybe manc Al has an opinion or has he just bought into the twitter bull shit?

Edited by lakeland5

Kendal calling is fantastic ............

But how would you feel if there was a real potential of you as a person losing out financially while it took place ?

Maybe manc Al has an opinion or has he just bought into the twitter bull bull shit?

Guest manc_al

It's not an attack atyou manc al, your obviously a good guy just by following your previous posts.

I'm not into social networking really but some one told me to get on twitter , and check out the BS.

2 accounts later (couldn't remember password on first). I finally found it.

You tweeted something along the lines disappointed about capacity increase , they replied guest list down ticket sales up , that's bull shit. You been mugged off by them!

Eden district licensing say 13000 tickets and so do their event production manager.

I know this as fact cos I have had conversations with both !

As a fan of KC I'm pretty underwhelmed at what I'm hearing , and tbh dreading Friday the 27 th of July .

Guest manc_al

tumbleweeds.........................

eggshells being walked on................

er did anyone catch the england game last night ?!? :suicide:

All joking aside i heard a few good reports about the houseparty tent after i came back last year, almost typically its a tent i never ventured in to, expecting it to be a sort of 2nd dance tent. Anyone like to comment on what it was like ?

must do more variety of stages this year, which may be hard at times because the main stage line up looks really strong on sat an sun