Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

When will tickets be sold by do you reckon? I'm waiting til I get paid to buy mine but bought an emperors field since I know they sell quicker.

Fairly pleased with the lineup so far but could do with a few new bands on the bill, I'll trust we'll get thag on the calling out stage though :)

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

gotta say id be really suprised if there were many more big names to come, agree with the bands on your list though, debating getting tickets for sound of guns for early march when they play up here (although they do seem to play up here every other month !)

saw them supporting detroit social club a few years ago and they were immense, the acadamy crew were a bit annoyed when the lead singer climbed some staging, hopped on the gantry above the bars and wandered around singing about 10 foot up like !

Yeah i was at that gig and seen them a few times since,really good band,Andy the singer likes a good climb, almost every time i've seen them he's been up something,they have a new album out on 5th March which i was lucky to get a early listen to on their tour bus last year, its really good, as is all their work,got tickets to see them at Newcastle and Liverpool,and at the Playground this year.

To say I'm delighted is an understatment!

Had my tix before christmas just bought my campervan and early entry! I'm the one in the camper with the giant James daisy on the roof<<<---- come say hi lol

Rest of the line up looks fab too! So excited how will I get through the next few months!

Sounds as if Edwyn Collins might be appearing in Tim Burgess's cafe. It just gets better ! Saw him at the Brudenall in Leeds last year, and he had the room in his hands. Awesome back catalogue, and not afraid to use it

Edited by ramragon

gotta say its amazing how time have changed, massive a few years ago and loved by loads its amusing to see the universal outcry at Dizzee Rascals inclusion in the line up ! the facebook masses are up in arms

:sarcastic::sarcastic:

like i said earlier, not somebody i'll go and watch but there are loads of other stages, im sure i'll find someone who does appeal

Just got our tickets - ouching a bit at all the booking fees - but other than that well happy - SHED SEVEN! The majority of the line up is a complete blast from my indie past - looking forward to the Tim Burgess bit, sounds like there should be some interesting stuff happening in there.

Now, all we need is last years weather and we're sorted :)

Got to say, like last year, another very disappointing line-up. Hate to sound like I'm knocking the festival, because I love it and this will be my 5th year in a row, but there seems to have been a move away from modern guitar bands in the last couple of years. In the past they've had some really exciting young bands like British Sea Power, Wild Beasts, Glasvegas, Pulled Apart By Horses, The Answering Machine, Tunng, and These New Puritans. I thought last year that they probably blew their budget on the headliners, Blondie in particular, at the expense of the rest of the line up and it looks like they've done that again with Dizzee and James. I'm holding out hope that someone like Gruff Rhys may be headlining the Calling Out stage on one of the nights. Anyway, tickets bought as usual but I'm sure I'll have a hard time getting a group of any size together for this one.

Edited by Adeemo

Got to say, like last year, another very disappointing line-up. Hate to sound like I'm knocking the festival, because I love it and this will be my 5th year in a row, but there seems to have been a move away from modern guitar bands in the last couple of years. In the past they've had some really exciting young bands like British Sea Power, Wild Beasts, Glasvegas, Pulled Apart By Horses, The Answering Machine, Tunng, and These New Puritans. I thought last year that they probably blew their budget on the headliners, Blondie in particular, at the expense of the rest of the line up and it looks like they've done that again with Dizzee and James. I'm holding out hope that someone like Gruff Rhys maybe headlining the Calling Out stage on one of the nights. Anyway, tickets bought as usual but I'm sure I'll have a hard time getting a group of any size together for this one.

Got another 100 + bands tbc yet though.

Makes sense that they announce bands that people have heard of first to get the tickets moving...

If its anything like last year I'll probably spend most the time in the Calling Out watching bands I've never heard of and loving every second of it.

Gruff Rhys in the CO would be great though...especially against Maximo Park.