Kendal Calling 2012

Guest Flaminglippy

Who do we reckon then...

Being both optimistic AND realistic...like to see-.

Vaccines

Super Furrys

Editors

Complete Stone Roses

Shed 7

Manics (although they won't be touring apparently)

Roots Manuva

Wind-Up Birds (again!)

Mansun (if ever get back together)

Little Roy (doing his Nirvana covers)

Spiritualized

Public Enemy

Teenage Fanclub

Edited by Flaminglippy

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hello lippy, wondered how long it would be before the 2012 thread raised its head ! As much as i enjoyed the 2011 festival im going to keep myself grounded in what to expect bandswise. I went in to last year with great expectations on who might appear and came away feeling a little disheartened and the final line up.

With the festivals love of dance acts for the friday slot i've got no predictions really because its a genre im not really in to, wouldnt mind seeing the courteeners headline saturday (who would go down a storm), but could equally imagine a headline slot from the editors, bombay bicycle club or the national. sunday nights headline closer if following the more established band slot then maybes an appearance by feeder, massive attack or perhaps its time for the wild beasts to stand up and shine on home turf.

with the organisers pulling off a massive gig with the flaming lips earlier this year maybes they'll be able to persuade them to headlie one night at kendal as well.

the organisers said it'd be a few years before they could afford to get the Flaming Lips to headline Kendal rather than a one-off, but to have them headline on the Sunday night would be awesome.

Forgot about Bombay Bicycle Club...they'd be another good shout.

Don't really get most the dance stuff either...hence my list being indie heavy!

Another band doing the rounds with an acoustic greatest hits set is athlete, couldnt see them headlining since theyve slipped from the limelight a bit, but sure they could fill a saturday afternoon or early evening slot, plenty of tunes in their back catalogue to please a few.

Can imagine example being a good shout for friday headliner, sound of guns have a new album coming out and are touring right now, plus theyre the sort of band that kendal would attract. Cant for a minute see noel gallagher playing though much as id like to see it happen.

gonna be a limited number of tickets going on sale early Nov...

really hard to judge the headliners...like, Blondie were 2nd headliners behind the Strokes the year before they played Kendal...so would imagine they cost a bomb.

just been listening to a bit of franz ferdinand...wonder if they'd be an outside shout?? too big?? think the charlatans might be there after tim burgess played this year...

The charlatans have been really poor the last few times ive seen them, certainly not headline material. Franz havent toured much lately and I dont know if theyre working on new material right now. I had the email about a few tickets being released in time for xmas presents as well. A good idea, especially if they include the emporers field option with them as that usually sells out on day 1.

Embrace have been working on new material...

Would be disappointed with the Kooks tbh...always thought of them as being indie for people who don't like indie.

Good news about the early bird tickets...just gotta figure out how to pay for them now! On an entirely unrelated note...anybody wanna buy a kidney?? Just one careless owner...

The Dot might be a good shout as well...think one of the organisers is mates with Mike Skinner.

This is the worst bit about the festivals for me...6 months of random guessing!

Edited by Flaminglippy

gonna be a limited number of tickets going on sale early Nov...

really hard to judge the headliners...like, Blondie were 2nd headliners behind the Strokes the year before they played Kendal...so would imagine they cost a bomb.

just been listening to a bit of franz ferdinand...wonder if they'd be an outside shout?? too big?? think the charlatans might be there after tim burgess played this year...

I watched Franz Ferdinand headline the other stage at Glasto the other year and they really rocked it,you would be surprised how many singalong tracks they have,The Kooks would be a good shout as would The Charlatans and how about The Selector ,touring now and in Carlisle on the 26th of November

i was at glastonbury the same year and plugged for springsteen over franz because i thought i'd never take the opportunity to see him again, came home and watched the franz set on tv and really enjoyed it, theyd make a good headline act for any night at kendal.

a band who are touring next year that wouldnt cost the earth and would provide a good sunday singalong would be the lightening seeds, great 90's back catalogue, saw them headline a smaller tent at glastonbury the other year and they played a great set, shame the sound guy hadnt done the best job, was funny to see ian broudie go mental with him between songs !

ended the gig with 3 lions, the day before england v germany in the world cup, cue the crowd singing long after they went off stage.

shame england didnt play as well as them !