the reggae thread

eFestivals

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

there was a nice piece about Steel Pulse on TV last night, on The One Show of all things. I'm guessing most people watching were saying 'who?' ... as was the case in their home town of Brum when Jasper Carrott went around playing their music at people. ;)

Anyway, they're now going to be added to Brum's very own walk of stars, alongside Ozzy and others.

A very nice tribute from Rita Marley on the film, of her saying they're 2nd in reggae only to Bob.

• 8 months later...

Off to Harbourside in Bristol tonight. Lots of great stuff I see but just noticed the live mixing from Mad Proff and Sherwood :)

No just stop the rain and all will be good

Roots Manuva, Horace Andy, Dawn Penn, Loyle Carner, General Levy, Congo Natty with Nanci & Pheobe, Newham Generals, Killa P, Foreign Beggars, Jehst, Flowdan, Jenna G, Ruby Wood (Submotion Orchestra), MC Jila (Gentleman’s Dub Club), Jesse Appiah, with live effects and dub mixing from Mad Professor and Adrian Sherwood.

I'll be there too, am looking forwards to it, less so the rain.

As this is the reggae thread, i'll say ....

Damian Marley's new album 'stony hill' (out today) is a bit rubbish. Am listening to it now, not dreadful or anything but ... just a bit meh.

I saw Tippa Irie last weekend. I didn't expect much but he was superb.

23 minutes ago, fred quimby said:

I'll look out for you Neil. I'll be the one in a dark rain coat, so I should be easily recognisable ;)

Ooh, I'm wearing a dark raincoat too, my god it's tipping it down though:o

• 7 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...