Festival Distractions ! - We are on our way but ?

Guest ivan

This year at Leeds I had to pick my other half straight up from work but we had to stop off at Ikea first

Secuity - " This car has got tents , sleeing bags , alcohol , drugs and white shelving in ! "

The other year rang a mate who was late to find out if he had arrived on site yet , the conversation was

"Are you in the car parks yet ? "

"No I am in Morrissons getting printer ink , its on special offer ! "

And one year I am sure one of our crew was late due to stopping off at a garden centre !

:lol:

• 1 month later...

Set off to Glasto 99 in a car we had all chipped in to buy especially for the trip, went over a cattle grid and lost the entire exhaust...doh!!

Not Glasto but on way to Knockengorroch a long time ago, via 2 Drunk in Public gigs, van caught fire in Liverpool, got that fixed and then had total electrics failure in the middle of nowhere in Scotland, after 4-hr AA wait, ended up getting trailored to nearest town, spent night in police carpark and finally got on site for Saturday lunch...

left for glasto this year at about 2 in the morning with a 5 car convey that i was supposed to be leading only thing was my old Bedford doesn't go that fast and they all wanted to get petrol .

ANYWAY of they go and i get a phone call an hour later where the f..k are you. :newrussian:

me i say well im still at the end of my road about 3 car lengths from my house and the vans on fire :lol: had to do a quick fix and meet up and off we went me with no indicators and the one of the windscreen wipers thought it have a holiday in somerset and is still there having a nice time oh and we got lost cos the wife was directing :pilot: but we all go there eventually and had a great one mind you i had to fix the van to get home again but she broke down and we ended up going home on the back of a pick up :laugh: i do love my beddie .......