Latest Festivals News

Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Camden Crawl 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
19 replies to this topic

#1 jump

jump

"That's what I said"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,391 posts

Posted 06 October 2011 - 11:23 AM

Camden Crawl tixs go on the 26th Oct :party:

It's gonna be 3 nights now with the 1st basiclly just Club NME at Koko with a bigger band than usual.

#2 jump

jump

"That's what I said"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,391 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 04:42 PM

The 1st announcement is due tomorrow. :imsohappy:

#3 eFestivals

eFestivals

the value of your god may go down as well as up

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,189 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:07 PM

The 1st announcement is due tomorrow. :imsohappy:

Having seen it I know there's not much to get excited about with that announcement, but you're right in saying there's one tomorrow.

#4 jump

jump

"That's what I said"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,391 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:15 PM

Having seen it I know there's not much to get excited about with that announcement, but you're right in saying there's one tomorrow.

Same as every year then. They always announce no name acts 1st and a month or 2 before it's on a few big ones but it does mean I can start checking them out now so on the day when they finally tell you the times and venues I can get a better idea of where to go.

Just curious but have you ever been to Camden Crawl Neil?

#5 eFestivals

eFestivals

the value of your god may go down as well as up

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 40,189 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 05:18 PM

Just curious but have you ever been to Camden Crawl Neil?

nope, it's not the sort of festival that interests me.

The announcement tomorrow isn't quite "no name acts", btw.

#6 LondonTom

LondonTom

Raging Alcoholic

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,503 posts

Posted 23 January 2012 - 11:10 PM

nope, it's not the sort of festival that interests me.

The announcement tomorrow isn't quite "no name acts", btw.

In other words their just poor acts? :P

I am thinking about it this year, depending who they announce.

#7 zahidf

zahidf

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:28 AM

Death in Vegas self confirmed

#8 jump

jump

"That's what I said"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,391 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 09:58 AM

In other words their just poor acts? :P

I am thinking about it this year, depending who they announce.

I wouldn't go to it for specific bands tho as there's never a guarantee you will actually see them due to capacity of the various venues.

#9 LondonTom

LondonTom

Raging Alcoholic

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,503 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:21 PM

I wouldn't go to it for specific bands tho as there's never a guarantee you will actually see them due to capacity of the various venues.

Ahh yeah but if theres no one you want to see whats the point? :P I doubt i will end up but its a idea for something to do one year :D (Saving pennies for lots of the stuff over at the London Pleasure Gardens)

Meh for the first announcement!!

#10 jump

jump

"That's what I said"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,391 posts

Posted 24 January 2012 - 10:31 PM

Ahh yeah but if theres no one you want to see whats the point? :P I doubt i will end up but its a idea for something to do one year :D (Saving pennies for lots of the stuff over at the London Pleasure Gardens)

Meh for the first announcement!!

The tag line for the Crawl has always been to discover new music, it's one of the reason why they hold back announcing the big bands and don't tell you the times/venues till you turn up on the day.

#11 jump

jump

"That's what I said"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,391 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 11:31 AM

More acts announced...

Rolo Tomassi, Dutch Uncles, Alabama 3 Admiral Fallow, Alpines, And So I Watch You From Afar, Antlered Man, Arrows Of Love, The Barr Brothers, Basement, Bastille, Baxter Dury, Ben Westbeech, Blacklisters, Black Moth, Blackhoods, Boy Friend, Brandt Brauer Frick, Brontide, Bxentric, Cashier no 9, Charli XCX, Chew Lips, Cymbals, Dog Is Dead, D/R/U/G/S, Echo Lake, Fanzine, Fear of Men, Fiction, Funeral Suits, Ghetts , Hawk Eyes, Hey Sholay, Iceage, Icona Pop, The James Cleaver Quintet, Jape, Jaymo & Andy George, Keep Shelly In Athens, Kwes, Lioness, Lucy Rose, The Marmozets, Melodica, Melody and Me, Night Angles, Pariah, Peace, PolarBear, Psychologist, Roska, The Rubberbandits, Sex Hands, Spector, Team Me, Theme Park, Toby Kaar, Tom Staar, Toy, True Tiger, Willy Moon, Icona Pop, Engine-Earz Experiment, Echo Lake, and Funeral Suits.

#12 Dave

Dave

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 163 posts

Posted 28 February 2012 - 12:46 PM

Went a few years ago. Got to see BRMC in the Underworld that was amazing - but generally it's crap. You can't get in any venues, and you only see about 5 bands for your 40 quid worth. Won't be bothering in the future.

#13 jump

jump

"That's what I said"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,391 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 04:18 PM

Went a few years ago. Got to see BRMC in the Underworld that was amazing - but generally it's crap. You can't get in any venues, and you only see about 5 bands for your 40 quid worth. Won't be bothering in the future.

I see much closer to 15 bands a day when I go.

More acts announced...

GLASVEGAS, THE FUTUREHEADS, THE RAINCOATS, SupergrassGAZ COOMBES, AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR, LADY LESHURR

#14 laidlawjock

laidlawjock

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 64 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:10 AM

I see much closer to 15 bands a day when I go.

More acts announced...

GLASVEGAS, THE FUTUREHEADS, THE RAINCOATS, Supergrass GAZ COOMBES, AND SO I WATCH YOU FROM AFAR, LADY LESHURR

You got any tips? This is my first time. Is it best to stick to small venues? How difficult is it to get into the bigger ones? What time does everything go on till?

#15 Homer

Homer

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,486 posts

Posted 21 March 2012 - 11:51 AM

I went last year and had read loads of stuff about how you can';t get into anything - and it was all bollocks!

I paid about £30 for my ticket and saw (off the top of my head) The History of Apple Pie, Beth Jeans Houghton, Hip Hop Shakespeare, Dutch Uncles, Guillemots, The Lemonheads and Simian Mobile Disco. I could've seen Frankie and the Heatrstrings too but we were having a pint in the Hawley Arms and missed them.

I thought it was pretty good value really!

I walked into everything I went to pretty much straight away. In the evening I went to the bigger venues (watched Guillemots to get a spot for the Lemonheeads, but needn't have bothered - it didn't fill up). With Simian Mobile, we tubed it straight to Koko to make sure we got in as it was one of very few post-midnight gigs. But we walked straight in and saw the whole thing from right at the front (my wife even nipped out for a packet of fags and walked straight back in!).

#16 jump

jump

"That's what I said"

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,391 posts

Posted 04 April 2012 - 11:29 AM

More acts announced...

22 ● AYAH MARAR ● BEANS ON TOAST ● BINARY ● BO NINGEN ● THE CHEVIN ● CROWNS ● DEBUKAS ● EUGENE MCGUINNESS ● FOE ● HARRY OAKWOOD ● JOE WILKES & SIMON STANLEY WARD ● JOHN J PRESLEY ● JOHNNY FOREIGNER ● KELLIE LLOYD ● KYLA LA GRANGE ● LIZ GREEN ● LONEY DEAR ● MARTIN CREED ● MATTHEW & ME ● MICACHU & THE SHAPES ● MICHELLE STODDART ● THE MILK ● MISTABISHI ● MOLOTOV JUKEBOX ● MONSTA ● MZ BRATT * NIGHT SYMMETRY ● O CHILDREN ● POST WAR YEARS ● THE RUMOUR SAID FIRE ● RUSTIE ● SIMIAN GHOST ● SISSY & THE BLISTERS ● TREVOR MOSS & HANNAH LOU ● TROUBADOUR ROSE ● TWO WOUNDED BIRDS ● VERONICA FALLS ● VIRALS ● WEIRD DREAMS ● ZUN ZUN EGUI

Beans On Toast!!! :D

#17 Chris Kitching

Chris Kitching

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 April 2012 - 10:07 AM

Just got my weekend + fri night ticket from the postman, just wondering how the friday night works? do we just take the seperate ticket to koko and get the wristbands on saturday or will they be available friday morning!?

#18 trikiniki

trikiniki

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:56 PM

I think you have to take your weekend ticket with you too?

#19 zoneshark

zoneshark

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:12 PM

We have put all the gig times up on zoneshark if anyone needs them... not sure they are available anywhere else at the moment.

John from zoneshark

#20 cammie81

cammie81

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 567 posts

Posted 04 May 2012 - 01:28 PM

For those that don't already know 7 digital have a good number of free songs by artists playing this years Camden Crawl.