Latest Festivals News

Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Sziget 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
959 replies to this topic

#681 Lambo_KoRn

Lambo_KoRn

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 07:57 PM

can someone tell me more about the city passes and the spas please, what do the spars have? as it does sound like a good idea espesh if its baking hot!
we also fly home on the 14th to at around 6/6.30am i think, so on the monday were just going to go into the city and explore all the sights before we leave spend the whole day and night there till as late as possible then just head straight to the airport and crash there till we can check in i rekon :)

#682 Uncle Liam

Uncle Liam

That felt good, didn't it?

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,806 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 08:17 PM

City pass is essential for transport. Thats all you need to know.

Discounts for the Zoo and the amusement park as well.

#683 Lambo_KoRn

Lambo_KoRn

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 30 May 2012 - 10:35 PM

how much are the city passes?
just wanted some info on them so i can tell my friends about them

#684 iagreeyes

iagreeyes

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 01:43 AM

What's the story with accomodation?

We're thinking of going but are a bit late on the organisation front this year.

I think after a recent city based festival we've decided apartment festivals are the way forward. But what are prices/availability/distance from festival like generally?

#685 PastCaring

PastCaring

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 09:35 AM

MMMMMMMM

Cheap Dreher.

That video makes me want to go back tomorrow, and I'm going to Primavera Porto next week.

Cheap Superbock? MMMMMM ;)

We love Porto, so we might have been tempted by this one ourselves if it didn't clash with Download! :(

#686 vinny73

vinny73

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 41 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 10:48 AM

What's the story with accomodation?

We're thinking of going but are a bit late on the organisation front this year.

I think after a recent city based festival we've decided apartment festivals are the way forward. But what are prices/availability/distance from festival like generally?

Cheapish digs a plenty in Pest. Prices tend to go up when Sziget and the F1 are on though but still a lot better than western European rates. Straightforward for getting back from the island - HEV train to Arpad Hid, Margit Hid or Battyany Ter and walk across the nearest bridge. No more than 30 mins. Or taxi straight from the island for £6. There is accomodation on the Buda side but much less of it and more expensive. Plenty websites with options and maps.

Edited by vinny73, 31 May 2012 - 10:50 AM.

#687 Lambo_KoRn

Lambo_KoRn

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 10:31 AM

can u buy city pass'es over there or are they best bought online?

#688 pothead pixie

pothead pixie

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 613 posts

Posted 02 June 2012 - 02:41 PM

Go on Sziget, looks lke a good fest.

Edited by pothead pixie, 02 June 2012 - 04:23 PM.

#689 PastCaring

PastCaring

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 08:43 PM

No news on the Metal Day lineup yet? Do we know what day the announcement is due?

#690 Cristall

Cristall

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 05 June 2012 - 09:23 PM

can someone tell me more about the city passes and the spas please, what do the spars have? as it does sound like a good idea espesh if its baking hot!

All info about the CityPass can be found here. Almost all info about the spas can be found here. I recommend Szechenyi (the largest spa in Europe with 3 outdoor pools from 26 to 38 °C, 15 indoor pools from 18 to 40 °C and 10 saunas and steam chambers from 45 to 100 °C), Gellert (with an outdoor wave pool as well as several thermal pools and saunas) and Lukacs (with a rooftop terrace, several swimming pools, thermal baths and saunas). Rudas is nice too, but only indoors, so not good for suntanning. Kiraly is known to be the gay spa.

I think I'm going to buy several 2-day CityPasses since a 2-day CityPass is cheaper than a ticket with 20% discount for Szechenyi and Gellert. On the days I don't get free entrance, I'm probably going to discover some swimming pools. I've already been to Palatinus, which is a cool swimming pool, but I think the spas are better.

#691 504329lt

504329lt

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 307 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:22 AM

No news on the Metal Day lineup yet? Do we know what day the announcement is due?

Early next week is my guess. Are you going to Download as well?

Seems we are at exactly the same fests this year; Bearded Theory, Strummercamp, Download, Sziget?

#692 PastCaring

PastCaring

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 896 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 02:31 PM

Early next week is my guess. Are you going to Download as well?

Seems we are at exactly the same fests this year; Bearded Theory, Strummercamp, Download, Sziget?

Yeah, I sure am - and it looks like it's gonna be a wet one! :( So it looks like the Metal Stage lineup will be a surprise (hopefully, a good surprise!) for when we get back home on Monday ;)

#693 Lambo_KoRn

Lambo_KoRn

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:16 PM

its getting announced this week, im guessing friday.

and thanks for the info about the spars mates

#694 Lambo_KoRn

Lambo_KoRn

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 03:22 PM

ps how much is the 2day city pass? as i can only see a price of 29euro for the 13day city pass

#695 Cristall

Cristall

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 241 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 06:05 PM

ps how much is the 2day city pass? as i can only see a price of 29euro for the 13day city pass

It's 9 euro: http://www.szigetfest.co.uk/en/tickets ;)

#696 Lambo_KoRn

Lambo_KoRn

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 06 June 2012 - 08:45 PM

cheers buddy gonna get download out the way this weekend then get it all sorted cheers

#697 Lambo_KoRn

Lambo_KoRn

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 03:50 PM

becomiong impatient!! bring me metal day! :P

#698 AndyBradshaw1

AndyBradshaw1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 11 June 2012 - 07:46 PM

@lambokorn How was download? From what I can gather the music was really good but the weather, organisation and prices within the festival were absolutely terrible!

#699 Lambo_KoRn

Lambo_KoRn

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 03:43 PM

the bands were awsome the whole weekend as a whole was great! the weather was horrible on thursday n friday morning but that was the last time it rained, it was really really muddy but they did an amazing job in the arena every night to clear it all and put straw down and by sunday the ground was back to normal, and the weather just kept improving from friday morning too, by sunday everyone was walkin round in just shorts getting burnt to fuck (was a little too hot tbh) considering no-one at the festival botherd to pack any sunblock due to the weather forcast lol if you want to have a nosey at some pics ive uploaded 200 on facebook its set to public so you will be ok to view it http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.10150958594489281.443596.511579280&type=1

#700 Lambo_KoRn

Lambo_KoRn

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 325 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 04:02 PM

<---- this bands been confirmed for the new mango stage or something, they sound really good, theyre a dutch band called night at the lake check them out, not a big name by all means but might be worth checking out!

Edited by Lambo_KoRn, 12 June 2012 - 04:03 PM.