Sziget 2012

Guest guitarbaz

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, reflections time:

Good: new layout worked well (e.g. hill at world stage), prices still great, weather still ideal

Bad: patchy line-up (could have missed Sunday completely), no metal stage, far less stalls to browse at during gaps in anything interesting to see, cider would help - you could find it in most shops and bars downtown and would sell well.

It was much less busy this year (including the weekend spike) which I suppose had its pros. Meant we could get from Lehel Ter onto the island in about 20 mins and could get as close as we wanted for the Roses.

This will probably be our last Sziget. Seeing thousands of Dutch kids half your age partying hard all the time makes us feel very old now!

Hi guys

Just a couple of questions.

Are dslr cameras allowed at sziget?

How much money on average did you spend? Compared to a uk fest. Food and beers ive heard is quite cheap.

Yeah it's about 2quid for a can of beer. Probably be about £2.10ish or so next year it always seems to creep up.

I had the time of my life, it was my first ever festival I'd been to and was blown away by the organisation and how friendly the people are.

Will deffo be returning next year!

Also, has anyone been to Glasto? Were thinking of going next year too .. I get the impression its kinda like a British version of Sziget. What are the prices of beer inside glasto too?

It is quite similar to Glasto (as there's no 'arena' and the camping is between the stages). Beer in Glasto is a lot more expensive but you're allowed to take your own beer and food in! I've been to Glasto quite a few times; we'd just take a few crates of beer/spirits between us and carry them around in a bag until we finish them then move on to beer from the bars in the evening. I've been to quite a few different festivals and Sziget is the closest thing I've ever seen to Glasto. Glasto usually has better acts but Sziget has a friendlier crowd, not as busy (some routes in Glasto get rammed and they introduce a one way system!, cheep cold beer and better weather!