Sziget 2012

Guest guitarbaz

http://www.metropol.hu/gazdasag/cikk/891542

If I understood it right, the new 18% VAT rate does not count for tickets that have already been sold and that are sold before this new law gets effective, which would be end of June soonest. This would mean it will have less effect for this year than I hoped for, but still it's good news for next year.

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Food is cheap and plentiful on the island. However, for those of you who haven't been before, don't think of a traditional camp site set up. You'll be spending plenty of time off the island in Budapest as well. Sometimes you don't need to be at the festival until 6pm depending on which bands are on. It would be a waste not to spend as much time as you can in the City where bevvy and food is even cheaper.

Food is cheap and plentiful on the island. However, for those of you who haven't been before, don't think of a traditional camp site set up. You'll be spending plenty of time off the island in Budapest as well. Sometimes you don't need to be at the festival until 6pm depending on which bands are on. It would be a waste not to spend as much time as you can in the City where bevvy and food is even cheaper.

Ah right cheers for that, how much money are we talking inside the festival for food and drinks i.e beer. Ive seen its about 1.50 for a beer and a bit more for food is this like actually true. Just seems too good to be true that beer will be this cheap inside of a festival

depends where you go really but even in the more expensive areas around Oktagon and down Andrassy Utca you won't pay more than you do at home. We found one place last year right next to our apartment where it was about a quid for a litre glass. Always a good start to the day.....

When I camped at Benicassim by 9am the tent was like a sauna and could not bear to be insde! Can imagine very similar at Sziget - not great when you have got to bed 5am!

Luckily the city has some lovely parks with a lot of peace and shade so if needed to get a quiet nap throughout the day it's easy to find somewhere!