Sziget 2012

Guest guitarbaz

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

also been looking into what acts could be in the cryptic clue

for acts that are doing euro festivals around sziget that also have sziget acts theres:

UK:

Enter shikari,

maximo park (self comfirmed)

Chase & Status (live)

the wombats

Skindred

the cure

block party

Noel HFB

the maccabees

USA:

Offspring

Real Big Fish

Gogol Bordello

Hatebreed

Machinehead

the black keys

Germany:

Paul kalkbrenner

kraftklub

sportfreund stiller

just throwing a few names out there...

haha yeah man, theres actually a few randomers on here from lincoln supprisingly :P where abouts in lincoln you from?

oooh more bands soon canny wait!

Interesting news in the Hungarian press today: click (I used Google Translate to read it). Apparently the VAT rate for festivals has been reduced from 27% to 18%. I guess this must have a good impact on the financial situation of the festival. :)

However, ticket prices will not be lowered and, late as it is now, I don't know if we will see any effect of this in terms of line-up or stages that will be returning.

Interesting news in the Hungarian press today: click (I used Google Translate to read it). Apparently the VAT rate for festivals has been reduced from 27% to 18%. I guess this must have a good impact on the financial situation of the festival. :)

However, ticket prices will not be lowered and, late as it is now, I don't know if we will see any effect of this in terms of line-up or stages that will be returning.

If the festival needs to pay less VAT, it means they have more income. I think we can all think of ways to spend this... :)

The article also said Sziget made a loss last year because of higher costs for the rent of the island (originally the city council wanted Sziget to pay almost the whole festival budget as rent for the island, I don't remember how much Sziget had to pay in the end), higher costs for the security (which probably had to do with the planned demonstration at Main Stage) and the costs of Prince that were too high. Therefore I don't think we will see any act as big as Prince at the festival this year.

In fact, I doubt it will have much effect on this years festival at all, it might already be too late for that. Last year at this time of the year Amy Winehouse cancelled her gig at Sziget and the organisers told it would be really difficult to find a replacing headliner. In the end they came up with 30 Seconds To Mars to headline...

but didnt prodigy and prince both get announced at a later date than this? im not expecting too much for the last headliner, im quite pleased with what we have already, my friend would love the cure or bloc party..

im interested to see what bands they have lined up for metal day!! bands get announced in 2 weeks

but didnt prodigy and prince both get announced at a later date than this? im not expecting too much for the last headliner, im quite pleased with what we have already, my friend would love the cure or bloc party..

im interested to see what bands they have lined up for metal day!! bands get announced in 2 weeks