Sziget 2012

Guest guitarbaz

wasn't Blur at hyde park was it? we were there and had to put up with her sometime in the afternoon. thankfully it was sunny and the beer was cold :)

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

where abouts is this discussion i cant find it? ****found it*****

sziget news also has lacuna coil down for subbing Metal day stage, i wonder whos gonna be headlineing! :D and also KoRn headlineing the wednesday although i dont think theyve been announced for that :P

Edited by Lambo_KoRn

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=Szusza+Ferenc+Stadium&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7ACPW_enGB401GB401&redir_esc=&um=1&ie=UTF-8&hl=en&sa=N&tab=wl

theres also this one their stadium holds 13,501 people, and apparently their a better team, also round corner from sziget festival and is the home to Újpest FC.

The good thing abour Budapest is that it has at least 5 teams I know of so there will always be a game on at the same time of the festival. For example, for the past two years Ferencvaros have played Honved on the Saturday night of the festival. Tickets are only about a fiver and the crowds are never that big. Better check where in the ground to stand though - there are various ultras groups attached to the clubs. There's also a possibility that Hungary will be at home in the Nepstadion on the wednesday as well - there's been international matches on in Europe for the past three during Sziget week.

The Hungarian league is just about to finish, and will restart in mid July (providing that it starts at the same time).

Games take place on the Saturday and Sunday, although I'm not sure on kick off times.

Boszkik Stadium where Honved play is 17km away from the stadium. Seems fairly easy to get to, but looking at about 50 minutes on the tubes.

Ferencvarosi is 15km away. Cant seem to get transport details though.

Ujpest is nearby by seems a overly long way to get to. Probably easier than google maps is making it look.

Vasas SC is the nearest of the top flight clubs by the looks of things. Its also on the same side of the river as Sziget. However, barring a miracle, they are getting relegated this season.

MTK are in the second tier and their stadium is in the same area as the Ferencvarosi and Honved stadiums.

I suppose with a bit of luck it'd be possible to get two games in on the Saturday and the Sunday But until the fixtures are released cant really plan anything.

DOn't think those distances are correct. Ferencvaros areon the blue metro line at Nepliget. Vassas are about a 10 min walk from Arpad Hid metro. Honved is on a tram line out past Kispest. Ujpest is a bit trickier - teminus of the blue line north then a bus for another 10 mins. MTK is about a 15-20 min walk from Stadionok metro.

:D and also KoRn headlineing the wednesday although i dont think theyve been announced for that :P

So, next week then? We, too, would like to see what's going on on the Metal stage - plus, let's just get the stress of wondering who the other headliner is over and done with?