Sziget 2012

Guest guitarbaz

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sounds better than Benicassim then, couldn't find any shade there, really hard work! ...and I'll take note not to go near the urinals in that case haha!

Got all our flights booked now but just realised they are August 4th-14th so next step is to find somewhere decent to stay for the first two night and the last one!

Sounds better than Benicassim then, couldn't find any shade there, really hard work! ...and I'll take note not to go near the urinals in that case haha!

Got all our flights booked now but just realised they are August 4th-14th so next step is to find somewhere decent to stay for the first two night and the last one!

With public transport the city centre is easy to reach in about 15-20 minutes, even at night. But yeah, when staying in the city centre you have an even better base for exploring the city.

I also recommend to buy a few two-day citypasses and visit some of Budapest's spas. There is no better way to refuel and get clean again! For many spas the entrance is more expensive than a two-day citypass and the citypass also allows for unlimited use of public transport in the city during the days you choose. You can also choose for the thirteen-day citypass, but since the thirteen-day citypass allows for only one free entry to the spas, it is cheaper to buy several two-day citypasses if you want to go to a spa several times. I usually go there at least once in two days ;)

can someone tell me more about the city passes and the spas please, what do the spars have? as it does sound like a good idea espesh if its baking hot!

we also fly home on the 14th to at around 6/6.30am i think, so on the monday were just going to go into the city and explore all the sights before we leave spend the whole day and night there till as late as possible then just head straight to the airport and crash there till we can check in i rekon :)

What's the story with accomodation?

We're thinking of going but are a bit late on the organisation front this year.

I think after a recent city based festival we've decided apartment festivals are the way forward. But what are prices/availability/distance from festival like generally?

MMMMMMMM

Cheap Dreher.

That video makes me want to go back tomorrow, and I'm going to Primavera Porto next week.

What's the story with accomodation?

We're thinking of going but are a bit late on the organisation front this year.

I think after a recent city based festival we've decided apartment festivals are the way forward. But what are prices/availability/distance from festival like generally?

Edited by vinny73

Early next week is my guess. Are you going to Download as well?

Seems we are at exactly the same fests this year; Bearded Theory, Strummercamp, Download, Sziget?

the bands were awsome the whole weekend as a whole was great! the weather was horrible on thursday n friday morning but that was the last time it rained, it was really really muddy but they did an amazing job in the arena every night to clear it all and put straw down and by sunday the ground was back to normal, and the weather just kept improving from friday morning too, by sunday everyone was walkin round in just shorts getting burnt to fuck (was a little too hot tbh) considering no-one at the festival botherd to pack any sunblock due to the weather forcast lol if you want to have a nosey at some pics ive uploaded 200 on facebook its set to public so you will be ok to view it http://www.facebook.com/#!/media/set/?set=a.10150958594489281.443596.511579280&type=1

[media=]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WCXHNiJynY&feature=relmfu <---- this bands been confirmed for the new mango stage or something, they sound really good, theyre a dutch band called night at the lake check them out, not a big name by all means but might be worth checking out!

Edited by Lambo_KoRn