Hop Farm 2012

Guest yasgursfarmhand

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This not a wrong fro me thankyou very much. I went back to check it again yesterday.

I 100% GUARANTEE that The Killers were listed as a R for this festival in the last few days.

Before making that judgement efestivals you should double check because you ARE wrong.

As I said, another wrong by gazza. :lol:

I've just loaded onto the test server the backup that was taken at 5am on Monday morning .... that says the exact same thing as the live data, that the Hop Farm entry hasn't been edited since 1st February.

Certainly since 1st Febuary the line-ups page for Hop Farm has been turned off.

And if it had ever been switched on, a line-ups page for Hop Farm would still exist on the server, orphaned from the listing page. So there has never been a line-ups page for Hop Farm 2012.

Your guarantees are worthless. I guarantee you're mistaken.

As I said, another wrong by gazza. :lol:

I've just loaded onto the test server the backup that was taken at 5am on Monday morning .... that says the exact same thing as the live data, that the Hop Farm entry hasn't been edited since 1st February.

Certainly since 1st Febuary the line-ups page for Hop Farm has been turned off.

And if it had ever been switched on, a line-ups page for Hop Farm would still exist on the server, orphaned from the listing page. So there has never been a line-ups page for Hop Farm 2012.

Your guarantees are worthless. I guarantee you're mistaken.

Edited by gazza_20

I guarantee I'm not. Laugh all you want lol, I know what I saw. Not like you have to admit I was right now, cause the whole board can see your backup file eh.

I often use that search link to the right and they were listed! Why I would need to make that up I don't know? Hmmmm not sure about that.

I disagree with that, everytime a R of some kind disappears from a lineup page, the whole lineup page disappears which i've seen on more than one occasion. Not like with no rumor at all it'd be worth having one.

I've very sure that The Killers were listed as a R on that page, and I remember thinking I wouldn't have been so surprised as i read that Brandon Flowers enjoyed his own solo gig before there.

You get things wrong sometimes you know. You had The Cribs as TBC for R&L last year. Pretty sure they didn't play.

You really are a very silly little man. :rolleyes:

I've absolutely no reason to lie. I actually resisting posting that I thought you were wrong from your original posts about this because there was a part of me which felt that you might have been right - because I know that I had consideded putting The Killers on as a rumour for Hop Farm. It was only when someone else said there'd never been a line-up page for Hop Farm that I started to suspect you'd got it wrong.

And you have 100% got it wrong. If there'd ever been a Hop Farm lineups page then that page would still exist on the server as a physical file, because there's no part of the content manager software that we use (that I wrote) which deletes physical files.

I have to manualy delete any physical files, and the only physical files I've deleted this year so far have been for festivals where we've moved the directory structure for a festival. No one else has the rights (or passwords) on the server to physically delete files.

Yes, I know I get things wrong sometimes, that's the nature of things with line-up rumours. But I'd bet my kid on being right about a hop farm line-ups page not having existed since before xmas (and probably not ever) because it cannot possibly have disappearred without me having made it happen.

I disagree with that, everytime a R of some kind disappears from a lineup page, the whole lineup page disappears which i've seen on more than one occasion.

again, that's your fantasy, and entirely wrong.

All you're doing here is proving that your liking of inaccuracies is hugely greater than I'd previously believed.

You really are a very silly little man. :rolleyes:

I've absolutely no reason to lie. I actually resisting posting that I thought you were wrong from your original posts about this because there was a part of me which felt that you might have been right - because I know that I had consideded putting The Killers on as a rumour for Hop Farm. It was only when someone else said there'd never been a line-up page for Hop Farm that I started to suspect you'd got it wrong.

And you have 100% got it wrong. If there'd ever been a Hop Farm lineups page then that page would still exist on the server as a physical file, because there's no part of the content manager software that we use (that I wrote) which deletes physical files.

I have to manualy delete any physical files, and the only physical files I've deleted this year so far have been for festivals where we've moved the directory structure for a festival. No one else has the rights (or passwords) on the server to physically delete files.

Yes, I know I get things wrong sometimes, that's the nature of things with line-up rumours. But I'd bet my kid on being right about a hop farm line-ups page not having existed since before xmas (and probably not ever) because it cannot possibly have disappearred without me having made it happen.

again, that's your fantasy, and entirely wrong.

All you're doing here is proving that your liking of inaccuracies is hugely greater than I'd previously believed.

Edited by gazza_20

Still disagree with you but hey we'll leave it at that.

The Killers, If I have been wrong about it being Hop Farm were in the last week down as a R to play a fest. In fact, the day I 1st said about them not being on here as a R anymore.

So your shooting at me saying probably another one I'm almost defo wrong with, when part of you thought I might be right?

One thing I can say is, however good at what you do you are, there's a huge amount of arrogance that comes with it as well.

The Killers on that day were R for a fest, in which I was sure it was Hop Farm but they were rumored and now are now. As you say, I have no reason to lie.

You sure Scottie hasn't removed anything that was on somewhere without you knowing?

I deleted some more major acts that were rumours from a couple of fests within the last week. I can't remember if The Killers were one of them, but they might have been. Defo not Hop Farm tho.

Part of me thought you might have been right, while thinking you were more likely wrong than right.

It doesn't take arrogance to tell you're wrong when you are wrong. It only takes the truth.

Scott can delete acts from the lineups (and add them & change them). He cannot remove a physical file. Any line-ups page is a physical file*.

(* at the moment; in the next version of the site which I'm currently working on [none of which is live] there will be no physical files).

The arrogance is all yours, and yours alone.

Oh dear, just caught up with this thread..seems to have gone a bit off target...let's get back to the real issue. Where are the ruddy announcements Hop Farm?.....not that it matters, I got early bird tickets (#smug), so will be going anyway, unless you've booked Madonna.....

'Tis nice on these cold winters days to look forward to the heady days of summer and Festivalling, so let's have a taster, please....

Hi all

I am going to Hop farm for the 1st time this year and I cannot wait!!! just waiting for them to announce the acts!!

:)

also i think I can help with your 'debate'. Gazza is correct to a point, there IS a page showing the Killers as a rumour... but its on virtual festivals.i tried to post the link to prove he's right but it says IM A DESPERATE SPAMMER?? haha

but split u:p its www dot v i rtualfestivals dot com / hop-farm-festival-2012/rumours

so, moderator - give him his dues with that one.

I was told that fleetwood mac were a rumour too but cant find this anywhere!! that would be awesome... or the police would be good!

hopefully we'll see soon

Edited by Bar Bar Bar