Latest Festivals News

Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Hop Farm 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
545 replies to this topic

#21 glasto-worker

glasto-worker

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,751 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 09:28 PM

Real Ale? :)

Well there was ale on sale at all the main bars called Gadds Seasider http://www.ramsgateb...k/seasider.html
£3.50 per pint

the Camp site bar being smaller was planned to only sell cans - wines and spirits as there is no room for anything else.

Just at the entrance where the coaches drop people off there is a large Pub hidden from view but I reckon most people would have missed it

its behind some trees on the right of the two images

http://www.wbc-team....arm-2-2008.html

http://www.wbc-team....arm-3-2008.html

I cant say if Security was allowing ticket holders down that path as I and all my friends had Crew passes so just walked past them but we were drinking in there the night before Hop Farm started and its a big pub with a large beer garden out the back and I am sure there was locals in there as well.

The next day I had two friends who had day tickets and I met them at the coach drop off point and they certainly did not have a crew pass but they were not stopped as we walked to the Pub.

It was not clear why Security was standing there but as the back road takes you to the production area this may be why they were standing there

#22 LondonTom

LondonTom

Raging Alcoholic

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,503 posts

Posted 13 December 2011 - 10:22 PM

In 09 there was a indoorsy pub? Opposite when they had 3rd stage, my memories bit hazzy, but it just behind where they had the mainstage that year to the left and behind if that makes sense :P

#23 joe1990

joe1990

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 15 December 2011 - 09:10 PM

absolutely loved hop farm this year. the people were great the acts were fantastic, give or take a few namely The Eagles.

BUT and its a big BUT for me personally, I didn't go away thinking wow i really missed that place and i cant await to return.

im sure people can understand that magic you feel in side yourself for days after you've been to a major festival, i just didn't feel it at all witch was very supprising and very disappointing.

i would only return if the acts were great again, other than that i can take it or leave. witch isent the case for reading i feel i have to go just because it draws me back every year.

#24 Frankly Mr Shankly

Frankly Mr Shankly

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 11:11 AM

I found Hop Farm last year to be one of the most enjoyable festivals I've ever been to. If I want to see any of the acts playing this year, I'd go back in a flash.

#25 Justiceforcedave

Justiceforcedave

Bovine Warrior

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,975 posts

Posted 16 December 2011 - 08:29 PM

Beach boys seem like a fairly good shout if they're in the uk come Hop Farm time.

#26 Frankly Mr Shankly

Frankly Mr Shankly

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 17 December 2011 - 12:45 AM

Yeah, you know that looks right...
Posted Image

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly, 17 December 2011 - 12:48 AM.

#27 5co77ie

5co77ie

eFestivals' editor

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,188 posts

Posted 19 December 2011 - 06:03 PM

I'd have thought Paul Simon might be a good guess he's announced he's touring Graceland next year.

#28 joe1990

joe1990

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 20 December 2011 - 12:58 AM

im still thinking of Paul McCartney U.k exclusive

#29 zahidf

zahidf

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,796 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:30 AM

The cure?

#30 gazza_20

gazza_20

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:56 AM

im still thinking of Paul McCartney U.k exclusive

If they do day tickets, that would get me there.

#31 joe1990

joe1990

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 447 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 02:09 PM

If they do day tickets, that would get me there.

yep day tickets will be available. tbh if your thinking about going for the day you might as well stay for the weekend because you wont want to leave.

#32 Frankly Mr Shankly

Frankly Mr Shankly

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,328 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 03:04 PM

yep day tickets will be available. tbh if your thinking about going for the day you might as well stay for the weekend because you wont want to leave.

This! I went for the day last year & wished with all my heart that I had gone for the whole weekend. It's such a perfect festival.

#33 coolman

coolman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 21 December 2011 - 10:08 PM

Springsteen is in the UK at this time.

Here's my wish list
Fleetwood Mac (with Christine McVie who has retired to Kent and not performed for 10 years)
Rolling Stones
Springsteen

Also
ZZ Top
Any remaining Grateful Dead spin off
Paul McCartney
Bring back Ray Davies - nearly stole the show from Bob Dylan (probably why he's not invited back)

Well, that should break the bank. But let's hope it's good. Hop Farm has a brilliant track record. I am totally confident my advance ticket with a blank artist list will turn out to be worth every penny. Didn't question paying 130 quid blind for a single second. Nice bands, nice venue, nice beer.

#34 gazza_20

gazza_20

lives in a field

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,361 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 11:53 AM

it's not my thing based on this years lineup the whole thing, though the travelling might prompt it, but it's only if he plays.

#35 dan8k

dan8k

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts

Posted 22 December 2011 - 08:10 PM

I'd have thought Paul Simon might be a good guess he's announced he's touring Graceland next year.

I couldn't endure 1 more second of him after his dreadful glastonbury performance this year.

#36 Mackem

Mackem

Festival Freak

• GOLD member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 01 January 2012 - 02:00 PM

I couldn't endure 1 more second of him after his dreadful glastonbury performance this year.

Me neither. I was so looking forward to seeing him and he just didn't make any real attempt to connect with the crowd. It didn't help that there wasn't much of the 'Greatest Hits' feel about the setlist, nor that he was feeling a bit ill. But he just struck me as one of those Americans who turns up with no research or understanding of what Glastonbury is all about, flies in and flies out without really engaging with it and so falls flat on the stage as a result. The difference between his attitude and that of Beyonce - who, whether you like her or not is a huge star who really got Glasto - was huge.

Any more thoughts on LondonTom's indoorsy pub?

#37 Musemonster

Musemonster

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 06 January 2012 - 02:13 PM

Totally agree with Frankly Mr Shankly's comments - I 'discovered' this festival last year on hearing The Eagles were headlining and had to grab the opportunity to see the legends perform so I got a day ticket (my dad was spitting feathers as they are his ultimate faves!) and I so wish I had gone for more than one day, especially as I would love to have seen Prince. It was one of the best and friendliest festivals I have ever been to and I would go back in a flash if there was anyone on this year that I wanted to see. I absolutely loved the vibe from the moment I arrived - no scramble for the barrier, I just calmly checked out the site, wandered up to the barrier with a nice real ale (another plus, can't remember which one it was but it was dark and went down a treat!!) sat down and made new friends straight away. There was only one act I wasn't keen on during the whole day (they were that good that I can't remember who they were lol). The Eagles were as superb and slick as I expected them to be (no One Of These Nights though?) and I got a bit emotional when Don Henley treated us to Boys of Summer, was totally blown away when Joe Walsh belted out Life's Been Good and I think I might have been the only one down the front that knew all the words to Glenn Frey's Dirty Laundry as the cool security guys I had been chatting to earlier were laughing. However, all that said, I had a right result when 10cc, Bryan Ferry and Brandon Flowers were announced - Bryan is still as smooth as ever and put on a real show, 10cc were amazing and were true professionals when the sound broke down during Rubber Bullets (there were a few sound issues throughout but it didn't spoil my personal enjoyment) and struck up from exactly where they left off but just clinching the whole day for me was Brandon Flowers - he was absolutely the nuts, he gave 101% and he had the crowd in the palm of his hands - and he really looked like he was loving it as he couldn't stop smiling. I'm not even going there when I heard the first few bars of Mr Brightside - let's just say one went slightly mental!!

I would love to see The Cure, Bruce Springsteen or Fleetwood Mac this year :pleasantry:

#38 sisco

sisco

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:53 PM

Totally agree with Frankly Mr Shankly's comments - I 'discovered' this festival last year on hearing The Eagles were headlining and had to grab the opportunity to see the legends perform so I got a day ticket (my dad was spitting feathers as they are his ultimate faves!) and I so wish I had gone for more than one day, especially as I would love to have seen Prince. It was one of the best and friendliest festivals I have ever been to and I would go back in a flash if there was anyone on this year that I wanted to see. I absolutely loved the vibe from the moment I arrived - no scramble for the barrier, I just calmly checked out the site, wandered up to the barrier with a nice real ale (another plus, can't remember which one it was but it was dark and went down a treat!!) sat down and made new friends straight away. There was only one act I wasn't keen on during the whole day (they were that good that I can't remember who they were lol). The Eagles were as superb and slick as I expected them to be (no One Of These Nights though?) and I got a bit emotional when Don Henley treated us to Boys of Summer, was totally blown away when Joe Walsh belted out Life's Been Good and I think I might have been the only one down the front that knew all the words to Glenn Frey's Dirty Laundry as the cool security guys I had been chatting to earlier were laughing. However, all that said, I had a right result when 10cc, Bryan Ferry and Brandon Flowers were announced - Bryan is still as smooth as ever and put on a real show, 10cc were amazing and were true professionals when the sound broke down during Rubber Bullets (there were a few sound issues throughout but it didn't spoil my personal enjoyment) and struck up from exactly where they left off but just clinching the whole day for me was Brandon Flowers - he was absolutely the nuts, he gave 101% and he had the crowd in the palm of his hands - and he really looked like he was loving it as he couldn't stop smiling. I'm not even going there when I heard the first few bars of Mr Brightside - let's just say one went slightly mental!!

I would love to see The Cure, Bruce Springsteen or Fleetwood Mac this year :pleasantry:

I also heard that Brandon Flowers went over amazingly well. That's why I had a thought of The Killers for the Hop Farm?

#39 sisco

sisco

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,981 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 12:54 PM

Not that it matters as just realised in away those dates!! Stupid me

#40 roadrunner66

roadrunner66

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 159 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 03:50 PM

What about Roxette?
2012.07.03 - Glasgow SECC, Glasgow, UK - Buy tickets
2012.07.04 - Manchester Evening News Arena, Manchester, UK - Buy tickets
2012.07.06 - LG Arena, Birmingham, UK - Buy tickets

British dates and no concert in London? I reckon an appearance at HF might be very likely.

The Pretenders are a good shot too. I remember HF tell something on facebook about trying to get them this year after the cancellation of Chrissie Hynde last year.