Hop Farm 2012

Guest yasgursfarmhand

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mentioned this a few posts above, but I'm still wondering whether HF have made a mistake leaving their announcement until so many other festivals have put their tickets on sale. The Killers are now going to be headlining V Festival, and have been rumoured on and off for HF in the last few months, which has been quite well received. Tickets for V go on sale this Friday, and I really do think that if there is no HF announcement by then they are going to lose ticket-buyers to V instead.

Killers aren't exclusive to V are they? I suppose they could still be at Hop Farm. I really can't place the other 2 headliners though, but I guess that's the beauty of Hop Farm, they usually pull out a few surprises; like the Eagles & Prince. They really need to get a move on & announce something though, even if it's only one of the headliners.

Killers aren't exclusive to V are they? I suppose they could still be at Hop Farm. I really can't place the other 2 headliners though, but I guess that's the beauty of Hop Farm, they usually pull out a few surprises; like the Eagles & Prince. They really need to get a move on & announce something though, even if it's only one of the headliners.

it's hugely unlikely that V fest would allow one of their headliners to play at a competing festival down the road.

Yes, I know that Stone Roses are playing those Heaton Park dates but that's different - if for nothing else than they're shows being put on by one of V fest's owners.

V will sell out regardless, I don't think they'd be too bothered in all honesty. Though Hop Farm might not be interested in them for that reason, as it's harder for them to push tickets. Do you have any idea who'll be playing at all Neil? Even a guess?

there's four big acts that are touring this summer who have yet to announce any english festival dates - Pulp, screaming Flo, Mumfords, and The Cure. So I guess it's got to have at least one of those acts.

The least likely of those is I think The Cure, on the basis that I heard that they turned down an offer to play another festival that's run by the same promoter as Hop Farm.

Fingers crossed for Pulp then! Even taking my favouritsm out, I'd still say they're pretty likely of those four - aren't The Cure also likely to be playing at Latitude? And also I think in Belgium (or somewhere else in Europe) on the Friday and Saturday of that weekend. Mumford and Sons were there only two years ago (subbing Bob Dylan if I remember rightly) so it would be nice to have someone else.

Personally I'm not a big fan of Florence but agree she's a possibility as she hasn't been announced elsewhere yet.

Alanis Morisette is another possibility I think, she's in the UK around that time.

aren't The Cure also likely to be playing at Latitude? And also I think in Belgium (or somewhere else in Europe) on the Friday and Saturday of that weekend.

there's defo a rumour that they might be at latitude, but there doesn't seem to be much that's solid to substantiate that rumour ... and some people have said that those european shows rule them out.

But as I say, I don't think they're too likely for Hop Farm ... tho nothing is impossible.

How about Neil Young & Crazy Horse! It's been 4 years since NY headlined the first ever Hop Farm!

Or maybe Leonard Cohen? He's doing some dates later this year.

Or Paul Simon? A "Graceland" themed day? He's the perfect size for Hop Farm.

Just a few suggestions, none of them have any truth to them. Still think Paul McCartney is in with a shout, and Pulp, though there is no foundation to that rumour either, it just seems... Right...