Hop Farm 2012

Guest yasgursfarmhand

Also...

eDAMIEN RICE (UK festival exclusive), PRIMAL SCREAM, MY MORNING JACKET, MAXIMO PARK, PATTI SMITH AND HER BAND, THE STRANGLERS, DR JOHN AND THE LOWER 911, JOAN ARMATRADING, BILLY OCEAN, THE PSYCHEDELIC FURS, LIANNE LA HAVAS, THE JEZABELS, SLOW CLUB, BENJAMIN FRANCIS LEFTWICH, FRIGHTENED RABBIT, TOM VEK, WHITE DENIM, BEN KWELLER, LUCY ROSE, fiN, DOG IS DEAD, RACE HORSES, STEVE SMYTH, SIAN SANDERSON and LIGERS

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've yet to see The Psychedelic Furs, who have been on my wanted list for 30 years.

The dates of this coincide with a big birthday party for my dad which is much nearer to Hop Farm than I live, so I'm hoping that things might work out for me to drop by the farm to catch the Furs - it'll be ace if they do.

There's not a lot there otherwise which personally interests me, but all the same I reckon that's a pretty damn strong line-up with some excellent acts. It's certainly a lot more interesting than the generic tosh that most of the other big fests have.

It's not exactly the names I was expecting but I'm still pretty happy with Peter Gabriel and Suede. I hope Dylan is better than general consensus of his live performances suggests as I love some of his songs.

Last year the rest of the bill was excellent too so can't wait to see who else will be there. Hopefully the weather's as nice!

yeah, nothing there that blows me away, Dylan? he'll be hard work, Primal scream I've seen too many times to be excited by, dunno, it's aimed at what 55-65 demographic, I guess (as opposed to last years 35 -55)

It's easy to get there for me, i live in Kent, but I reckon I'll probably give it a swerve this year

Oh well, 2 of my latest guesses were right then - Peter Gabriel & MMJ (though I was fairly confident about MMJ, just hoped they had been drafted in to support NY because he's a fan!)

Not sure why I guessed Gabriel. I'm sure I read he is re-releasing "So" this year, plus a new live album with the orchestra, with no real appearances to promote the releases!