Hop Farm 2012

Guest yasgursfarmhand

I've just checked their tour dates & they are busy on the Sat & Sun, so they literally would only be able to squeeze in on the Fri... I still think it will be them though, it also fits in with the fact that Hop Farm were struggling to secure headliners/suffering financial difficulties from forking out for Prince last year, because Mumford & Sons would be a fairly cheap but popular option surely.

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mumford and Sons surely can't headline, not big enough are they.

Wouldn't be surprised to see them there though.

Pulp, Mumford And Sons, Jack White, Paul McCartney, Neil Young, Bruce Springsteen, The Killers, Laura Marling, Tom Petty, The Gaslight Anthem, Michael Kiwanuka, Stornoway, Fleetwood Mac, The Stone Roses.

Any possibilities out of these?

Unfortunately Stevie Nicks is playing in the US on the 29th & 30th of June, so it won't be Fleetwood Mac,

IOW probably have some sort of exclusive deal with Tom Petty (I'm not sure though)

I can't see it being the Stone Roses, surely they'd have just announced it with the other dates? No reason to hold it back

I'm not sure V Fest would allow them to have the Killers

Bruce is again playing IOW & HRC, can't see it being him...

Which leaves from that list the only capable headliners being: Neil Young (no evidence he's touring at the time) Pulp, Mumford & sons & Paul McCartney... My thinking is possibly Paul turned down Hop Farm in favour of that jubilee concert, or it made negotiations longer/harder etc, hence the statement Hop Farm issued about it being difficult on them blah blah, just a theory though.

I've just checked their tour dates & they are busy on the Sat & Sun, so they literally would only be able to squeeze in on the Fri... I still think it will be them though, it also fits in with the fact that Hop Farm were struggling to secure headliners/suffering financial difficulties from forking out for Prince last year, because Mumford & Sons would be a fairly cheap but popular option surely.

I'd not checked their dates - so the fact that they can't do Sat & Sun might rule them out after all.

But if Hop Farm has them then it's defo not a booking they've struggled to make, it's something that has been arranged for 2 months or more.

Which leaves from that list the only capable headliners being: Neil Young (no evidence he's touring at the time) Pulp, Mumford & sons & Paul McCartney... My thinking is possibly Paul turned down Hop Farm in favour of that jubilee concert, or it made negotiations longer/harder etc, hence the statement Hop Farm issued about it being difficult on them blah blah, just a theory though.

word I've had is that Vince tried to get Neil Young for Phoenix and failed, so I can't see Hop Farm having him instead.

Garbage tour on sale Friday

So they may still play, but i doubt they'll be annoucned tomorrow

Garbage announce summer UK shows to follow their sold out date at The Troxy London in May,

London, O2 Brixton Academy, Sunday July 1st

Wolverhampton, Civic Hall, Monday July 2nd

Manchester, Academy, Tuesday July 3rd

Glasgow, Barrowlands, Wednesday July 4th

Really looking forward to finding out tomorrow... I have my tickets and want my faith rewarded with someone way out of scope! Sir Paul would do it. MAS would be a good sub act for sure if not a Friday night headliner... Pulp also. But I want someone huge!!

And no not the BFG! :sarcastic:

Didn't RHCP say their only dates would be the stadium/knebworth shows? Which to my knowledge haven't sold out, so I can't see it being them.

I've kind of talked myself out of it being McCartney as well now, so I am genuinely intrigued as to who it will be...

Saw Bob Dylan at Hop Farm in 2010 and was distinctly underwhelmed. I've never been a big Suede fan so the fact they're back touring again doesn't really interest me, so that only leaves Peter Gabriel... Will be interesting to see the rest of the lineup and day splits, but think it will be only one day for me.

And where are Pulp!