Hop Farm 2012

Guest yasgursfarmhand

• Replies 545
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Springsteen is in the UK at this time.

Here's my wish list

Fleetwood Mac (with Christine McVie who has retired to Kent and not performed for 10 years)

Rolling Stones

Springsteen

Also

ZZ Top

Any remaining Grateful Dead spin off

Paul McCartney

Bring back Ray Davies - nearly stole the show from Bob Dylan (probably why he's not invited back)

Well, that should break the bank. But let's hope it's good. Hop Farm has a brilliant track record. I am totally confident my advance ticket with a blank artist list will turn out to be worth every penny. Didn't question paying 130 quid blind for a single second. Nice bands, nice venue, nice beer.

• 2 weeks later...

Totally agree with Frankly Mr Shankly's comments - I 'discovered' this festival last year on hearing The Eagles were headlining and had to grab the opportunity to see the legends perform so I got a day ticket (my dad was spitting feathers as they are his ultimate faves!) and I so wish I had gone for more than one day, especially as I would love to have seen Prince. It was one of the best and friendliest festivals I have ever been to and I would go back in a flash if there was anyone on this year that I wanted to see. I absolutely loved the vibe from the moment I arrived - no scramble for the barrier, I just calmly checked out the site, wandered up to the barrier with a nice real ale (another plus, can't remember which one it was but it was dark and went down a treat!!) sat down and made new friends straight away. There was only one act I wasn't keen on during the whole day (they were that good that I can't remember who they were lol). The Eagles were as superb and slick as I expected them to be (no One Of These Nights though?) and I got a bit emotional when Don Henley treated us to Boys of Summer, was totally blown away when Joe Walsh belted out Life's Been Good and I think I might have been the only one down the front that knew all the words to Glenn Frey's Dirty Laundry as the cool security guys I had been chatting to earlier were laughing. However, all that said, I had a right result when 10cc, Bryan Ferry and Brandon Flowers were announced - Bryan is still as smooth as ever and put on a real show, 10cc were amazing and were true professionals when the sound broke down during Rubber Bullets (there were a few sound issues throughout but it didn't spoil my personal enjoyment) and struck up from exactly where they left off but just clinching the whole day for me was Brandon Flowers - he was absolutely the nuts, he gave 101% and he had the crowd in the palm of his hands - and he really looked like he was loving it as he couldn't stop smiling. I'm not even going there when I heard the first few bars of Mr Brightside - let's just say one went slightly mental!!

I would love to see The Cure, Bruce Springsteen or Fleetwood Mac this year :pleasantry:

Totally agree with Frankly Mr Shankly's comments - I 'discovered' this festival last year on hearing The Eagles were headlining and had to grab the opportunity to see the legends perform so I got a day ticket (my dad was spitting feathers as they are his ultimate faves!) and I so wish I had gone for more than one day, especially as I would love to have seen Prince. It was one of the best and friendliest festivals I have ever been to and I would go back in a flash if there was anyone on this year that I wanted to see. I absolutely loved the vibe from the moment I arrived - no scramble for the barrier, I just calmly checked out the site, wandered up to the barrier with a nice real ale (another plus, can't remember which one it was but it was dark and went down a treat!!) sat down and made new friends straight away. There was only one act I wasn't keen on during the whole day (they were that good that I can't remember who they were lol). The Eagles were as superb and slick as I expected them to be (no One Of These Nights though?) and I got a bit emotional when Don Henley treated us to Boys of Summer, was totally blown away when Joe Walsh belted out Life's Been Good and I think I might have been the only one down the front that knew all the words to Glenn Frey's Dirty Laundry as the cool security guys I had been chatting to earlier were laughing. However, all that said, I had a right result when 10cc, Bryan Ferry and Brandon Flowers were announced - Bryan is still as smooth as ever and put on a real show, 10cc were amazing and were true professionals when the sound broke down during Rubber Bullets (there were a few sound issues throughout but it didn't spoil my personal enjoyment) and struck up from exactly where they left off but just clinching the whole day for me was Brandon Flowers - he was absolutely the nuts, he gave 101% and he had the crowd in the palm of his hands - and he really looked like he was loving it as he couldn't stop smiling. I'm not even going there when I heard the first few bars of Mr Brightside - let's just say one went slightly mental!!

I would love to see The Cure, Bruce Springsteen or Fleetwood Mac this year :pleasantry:

What about Roxette?

2012.07.03 - Glasgow SECC, Glasgow, UK - Buy tickets

2012.07.04 - Manchester Evening News Arena, Manchester, UK - Buy tickets

2012.07.06 - LG Arena, Birmingham, UK - Buy tickets

British dates and no concert in London? I reckon an appearance at HF might be very likely.

The Pretenders are a good shot too. I remember HF tell something on facebook about trying to get them this year after the cancellation of Chrissie Hynde last year.

i agree Bowie is very unlikely, though I would love it to be so! can't really see him doing any dates again, he doesn't have anything to prove. Also, Hop Farm wish loads of people happy birthdays and do those 'this day 25 years ago' things.

I think Pulp are a good shout for next year.

Do Pulp have any plans for next year? I thought they'd been & gone again.

I think McCartney is a good shout, I also did wonder why Stevie Nicks played Hard Rock Calling last year, very close in both dates & distance to Hop Farm, but chose not to play there... considering it would be an almost perfect festival for her audience, so perhaps Fleetwood Mac?