NFL

Ed209

On 1/12/2020 at 10:54 PM, Hugh Jass said:

This Texans-Chiefs game is mental.

After the Texans went 24-0, I thought it was game over and started watching an episode. Then after 30mins i switched on game again out of curiosity and seen Chiefs coming back and eventually blowing the Texans.

One of the most unpredictable games I ever watched. 

• Like 1

On 1/6/2020 at 4:21 PM, Wooderson said:

Go Niners!

That was one tough late night watch as a Packer fan ☹️ Ripped apart! Twice in Cali this year 😬 and JG threw 8 times! WTF? 

“Hey, we gonna run the ball down your throat and there is fuck all you gonna do about it!” Immense by the 9ers. Mostert and those blockers were unplayable 

Mahomes’ air game V that running game? Tasty SB 

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, ThomThomDrum said:

That was one tough late night watch as a Packer fan ☹️ Ripped apart! Twice in Cali this year 😬 and JG threw 8 times! WTF? 

“Hey, we gonna run the ball down your throat and there is fuck all you gonna do about it!” Immense by the 9ers. Mostert and those blockers were unplayable 

Mahomes’ air game V that running game? Tasty SB 

Elite d usually wins.

The 49ers have had their struggles with mobile quarterbacks this year. Lamar Jackson, Russell Wilson, Kyler Murray and Mahomes is arguably better than all of them with a better play caller in Andy Reid.

The Chiefs D was also pretty damn good towards the end of the season.

I would lean on the Chiefs being favourites but I hope the 49ers can edge them out.

Edited by Andeeroo

• 8 months later...

What do you think of this season so far ?

Without crowd the games feel a strange, but I'm still enjoying the games (Green Bay having a great start helps!) and something to look forward to watch in this boring autumn/winter. 

• 3 months later...

Great match between the Packers and the Bucks last night. Brady still proving why he’s the best ever.

Packers should have won though, Rodgers bottled a huge chance to sprint for the end zone.

Two minutes to go and you need a TD to go to the Super Bowl. You have to go for that, and if you get hit then so be it.

Brady v Mahomes is the dream final though.

2 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Great match between the Packers and the Bucks last night. Brady still proving why he’s the best ever.

Packers should have won though, Rodgers bottled a huge chance to sprint for the end zone.

Two minutes to go and you need a TD to go to the Super Bowl. You have to go for that, and if you get hit then so be it.

Should be a classic, wanted the Bills because they play class football as well, and it would be nice to see teams who haven’t had much success get to the SB. 
Still have my money on Josh Allen MVP tho

I don't particularly blame Rodgers for not running it there. JPP is no slouch and the way Rodgers has thrown this season, I'm not surprised he went with arm rather than his leg. The decision not to go for it on 4th down was the real shocker. Even if the analytics didn't back it up decisively, you've got Aaron Fricking Rodgers and the best WR in the game. Go for it.

Similarly, Sean McDermott killed the Bills with those field goals. You're not beating the Chiefs with field goals.

I'm not sure who to go to bat for in the Superbowl. The team who didn't think twice about handing a huge contract to the guy who was convicted of strangling his pregnant girlfriend or the team who had no problem hiring a guy who is currently being prosecuted for sexual assault.

10 hours ago, Andeeroo said:

I'm not sure who to go to bat for in the Superbowl. The team who didn't think twice about handing a huge contract to the guy who was convicted of strangling his pregnant girlfriend or the team who had no problem hiring a guy who is currently being prosecuted for sexual assault.

Who’s your team usually 

12 hours ago, Andeeroo said:

I don't particularly blame Rodgers for not running it there. JPP is no slouch and the way Rodgers has thrown this season, I'm not surprised he went with arm rather than his leg. The decision not to go for it on 4th down was the real shocker. Even if the analytics didn't back it up decisively, you've got Aaron Fricking Rodgers and the best WR in the game. Go for it.

Surely if he runs then at worst he gets better position for the 4th?

They may have gone for it on the 4th and not made it, but that would have still been more palatable for Packers fans than how it ended.

On 1/25/2021 at 10:44 AM, Hugh Jass said:

As a packers fan, I was gutted by Lefleur decision not to go for it on 4th down, also by the late flag thrown at 3rd down. 

I mean I trust more Aaron Rodgers, then the defense who their mistake caused a touchdown in the end of the second quarter. Besides you're giving back the ball back to Tom Brady!!

12 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Surely if he runs then at worst he gets better position for the 4th?

They may have gone for it on the 4th and not made it, but that would have still been more palatable for Packers fans than how it ended.

I think he only gets to the 4 or 5 by running it so I don't think that would change LaFleur's decision. Rodgers thought he was getting another play and with JPP & Suh breathing down his neck, I understand throwing it rather than taking the risk of running it and fumbling the ball.

Edited by Andeeroo

1 hour ago, Andeeroo said:

Jets seems to be the most likely option. They're likely to be the only team with an enticing enough offer as they've got two first round picks this year following the Jamal Adams trade.  Two first round picks is the least it will take.

It’ll take a lot more than Watson to get the Jets looking even vaguely competent.

11 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

It’ll take a lot more than Watson to get the Jets looking even vaguely competent.

The interesting part of this is that Watson also has a no-trade clause in his contract, so if Texans do choose to trade, he can basically choose where he wants to go.

I feel for Texans' fans if he goes, they have been really shafted the last couple of years.

2 minutes ago, Gromite said:

The interesting part of this is that Watson also has a no-trade clause in his contract, so if Texans do choose to trade, he can basically choose where he wants to go.

I feel for Texans' fans if he goes, they have been really shafted the last couple of years.

Would he want to earn a shedload of cash and live in NYC? Or would he rather play for a team capable of actually winning things?

3 hours ago, Hugh Jass said:

Would he want to earn a shedload of cash and live in NYC? Or would he rather play for a team capable of actually winning things?

I mean he was earning a decent amount losing in Houston.

I think he’ll want a functioning team that can challenge for a SB, maybe the Rams as McVay seems to have lost some confidence in Goff.

• 11 months later...