NFL

Ed209

Picking the Jets to do the Dolphins this week but it will be no lob sided event. 

Yep that's my thinking. For me I'm not too fussed about the quality of the teams as long as they are evenly matched - which I think this will be. As long as there are 'moments' during the game (interceptions, fumbles, 2 minute drills etc) then the overall quality doesn't have to be high for it to be a great game.

With the 14.30 KO one could watch 14 hours of NFL straight this Sunday! 

Jets @ Dolphins -> Chiefs @ Bengels -> Rams @ Cards -> Cowboys @ Saints.

Id love to do it but there is no way id get away with it and no way id keep the eyes open until the end of SNF with work in the morn

Which is really what they are aiming for with the London games/franchise ofc! Thats a lot of TV advertising for the networks to  grab!

Americans can literally wake up, then have football until they go to bed!

Bad news for one my fantasty teams this week, Patriots on a bye so have Brady out, but my backup QB is Luck :(

Bad news for one my fantasty teams this week, Patriots on a bye so have Brady out, but my backup QB is Luck :(

Is Luck out? If not I would not give up on him just yet even with the disaster of a start he has had this year. The comeback last week could light a fire under him. God knows that Colts squad needs Lucks talent to carry them if they are to do anything

Is Luck out? If not I would not give up on him just yet even with the disaster of a start he has had this year. The comeback last week could light a fire under him. God knows that Colts squad needs Lucks talent to carry them if they are to do anything

Questionable was last I saw!

Yeah I wasn't to worried about form (as his backup) but 0 points would be disaster! :P

Not sure the Rams have got anything on the Cardinals in Arizona. I see the West as a 2 horse race with The Hawks. The Rams are a dark horse, but more likely the team to effect those two. The final game between Seattle and Arizona is going to be pinnacle not only for the west but for the NFC berth.

Well, that was bad. A massive lack of going for the jugular which is surprising from Arians.

Fair play to the Rams though, forced the O into mistakes as expected.

Had the Cards as my pick this week but only just. Thought the Cards homefield advantage would just tip it for em but that Rams D is something else to breakdown. Massive divisional win for em.

-------------------------------------

Happy to see the Pack stop Kaepernick's read option for once and holding the 49ers to just the one field goal. The Packers run D post week 1 is doing a solid enough job this year. If they can maintain/improve there and stay healthy enough on offence with Rodgers and Lacy they may be one tough nut to crack. Although in saying that the 49ers held Rodgers to just the one TD which was in the opening drive of the game and so many future Ds due to play the Pack will obviously look at that as a blueprint on how potentially to play him.

It will be interesting to see him versus the Rams next week

Edited by ThomThomDrum

I enjoyed the game at Wembley Sunday. But yeah Dolphins were awful. Isn't Tannehill on a ridiculous contract now as well? Money down the drain if Sunday is anything to go by, made Fitzpatrick look like Rodgers.

Was impressed by the Jets support, a lot of guys and girls travelled over. Got chatting to a few.

Surprised by the Cardinals, they looked superb last week, and were steadily climbing my 'definitely going to win the superbowl' list.

Pleased with how the 'Skins are going currently. Massive win against the Eagles this week. Division is still wide, wide open. Didn't expect that 4 weeks ago, and certainly didn't see Giants and Skins topping it after 4. I thought we'd be lucky with 2 wins for the whole season.

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone going to the game this weekend?

I don't think it'll be the jags walkover of previous years.

(still think they will lose mind)

Bortles is an intriguing prospect - especially with Julius Thomas back in the fray. And with the Bills being without Taylor and Watkins its definitely slightly more even. Jags D is just so bad that it will take an almighty bad offensive performance from their opposition for them to remain in games.

• 1 month later...

I wonder if this season will get the NFL to finally take a long hard look at the rule book? Every controversial decision so far seems to hinge on a grey area, generated by the hundreds of rules.

Agreed though, its exactly the sort of game that makes the NFL bloody brilliant sometimes.

• 4 weeks later...

Well with one week of the regular season left to play the playoff picture has all but taken shape. Being a redskins fan, I (like everyone) didn't envisage being excited about being in the playoffs at this stage of the season - plus having a rest week is another bonus. I'd like the Vikings to beat the Packers next week, I genuinely think we could beat this packers team at home.

Cardinals have got to be favourites at this point for me.

On 29 December 2015 at 2:44 PM, mjsell said:

Well with one week of the regular season left to play the playoff picture has all but taken shape. Being a redskins fan, I (like everyone) didn't envisage being excited about being in the playoffs at this stage of the season - plus having a rest week is another bonus. I'd like the Vikings to beat the Packers next week, I genuinely think we could beat this packers team at home.

Cardinals have got to be favourites at this point for me.

and I think most Packer fans favour meeting the skins rather than the likes of the Seahawks or the Viks for a third time. 

Cards are looking very good but the Seahawks and the Panthers can not be overlooked. Would be surprised if an AFC team wins it but the Pats still have Bellicheck, Brady and the Gronk

Pats will have it if they get back some of the injured players, mainly Edelman as the offence needs some more options than Gronk.

I can't  see anyone in AFC getting past them to the Super Bowl at least really. Think they have been coasting a little to avoid anymore injuries the last few games. (Would have beat the Jets in the end to I think, if it hadn't been for Bill fucking around).

I reckon this is where it all falls apart for the Panthers to, and they go out in their first playoff match :P

Having sat through Max Hall, Matt Leinart, Kevin Kolb, John Skelton, Derek Anderson et al, this season has been so enjoyable.

Having said that I'm expecting something to go horrifically wrong and the same old Cardinals to appear. Force of habit I guess.

I think Seattle are their biggest NFC threat in the post-season. Cards match up very well against the Panthers and I don't think they're as strong as the record suggests.

In the AFC, I thought Pittsburgh were on a roll and the team most likely to make it to the SB and then they lost to Baltimore. TBH, I don't know what to make of the AFC. I really don't think it's that strong. If New England get their injury situation resolved then they will obviously be a force but at the moment, I can only see the winner coming from the NFC.