Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Bearded Theory 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
768 replies to this topic

#761 Rich BT

Rich BT

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:03 PM

And how many of those awards have they ever used in marketing?

The bigger ones not many but small to medium a lot do use it in marketing be it on it their websites or otherwise

#762 Rich BT

Rich BT

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:09 PM

The bigger ones not many but small to medium a lot do use it in marketing be it on it their websites or otherwise

Also interesting to note that the festivals you listed as selling out this year a lot of those won an award last year and advertised the fact on websites etc. They might mean diddly squat (however if you were crap and people didnt enjoy it I wouldnt have thought they would vote for you) in the reasons why you won it but you can't hide from the fact they are a good tool for marketing. Plus they look quite pretty!

Edited by Rich BT, 14 September 2012 - 12:28 PM.

#763 5co77ie

5co77ie

eFestivals' editor

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,161 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:50 PM

Also interesting to note that the festivals you listed as selling out this year a lot of those won an award last year and advertised the fact on websites etc.

I hadn't realised that - although all of those that did had already sold out the year before too, and some of those who sold out didn't win anything.

I understand the need to market your event, and they're a good marketing tool.

si t - nope

#764 Rich BT

Rich BT

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 292 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 12:56 PM

I hadn't realised that - although all of those that did had already sold out the year before too, and some of those who sold out didn't win anything.

I understand the need to market your event, and they're a good marketing tool.

si t - nope

Yes but some mentioned had larger capacities this year and a couple sold out in record time. Some didnt win anything but the majority listed won something.

Anyway enough of this - I enjoyed it, off to do some real work Posted Image

Edited by Rich BT, 14 September 2012 - 12:56 PM.

#765 eFestivals

eFestivals

the value of your god may go down as well as up

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 45,914 posts

Posted 14 September 2012 - 01:51 PM

Would be intrigued to hear how you've sussed out a way to do awards that's completely equitable to all - can't get my head around it with some events being on the same day and varying hugely in style etc etc

I'm more than happy to pass my idea onto any organisation that's fully independent of all festivals so that they can pick it up and do it. There's no point it being done by anyone else, else many of the same problems will exist within that idea as exist within the awards that exist already.

#766 stuwilky

stuwilky

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 16 September 2012 - 04:28 PM

and Dreadzone [Dec 15th] looking like an early sell-out!!! ]...best news tho, committee agreed shiny new PA!!! yay!!!]

Ill be at Dreadzone!

#767 Guest_Flip_*

Guest_Flip_*
  • Guests

Posted 18 September 2012 - 09:09 AM

Ill be at Dreadzone!

Nice on!! Under 50 tickets left for this and its 3 months away!! The intimate feel of the club together with a first-floor sprung dancefloor makes DZ at the Trades unlike any other DZ gig!!

#768 just7

just7

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 10:59 AM

Flip
-are you able to say yet when S7 willl be on @ Trades? if not exact, month would be good, as i fancy a trip up North!
thanks

Edited by just7, 18 September 2012 - 10:59 AM.

#769 stuwilky

stuwilky

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 207 posts

Posted 18 September 2012 - 12:51 PM

Nice on!! Under 50 tickets left for this and its 3 months away!! The intimate feel of the club together with a first-floor sprung dancefloor makes DZ at the Trades unlike any other DZ gig!!

Im really looking forward to it - have chosen to come over to you instead of my local place - been meaning to make the journey for ages just never slotted in as well. Although might be a bit rough, Craig Charles the night before Posted Image