KARL PHILLIPS & THE MIDNIGHT RAMBLERS | TEN POUND SUIT BAND

THE GREAT MALARKEY | ZORA & THE TATSMITHS

THE WATERS EDGE

3 DAFT MONKEYS | MAD DOG MCRAE| TARANTISM

TRUE DECEIVERS | JEMMA JOHNSON

JORDAN DELAP | PETE JACKSON | BEMIS

Edited by Rich BT

• 4 weeks later...

ok, going to hold my hands up and say I got it wrong.When i saw the first release of bands for BT, I called it 'underwhelming', but the news since then has just got better and better. Not the least bit bothered about who the headliners will be, as this is a cracking line up and the dance tent line up is a real stormer. Well done to all those involved.

have now bought me tickets and assumed the issues last year with the bar, sound, security and camping space will be adequately resolved!

ok, going to hold my hands up and say I got it wrong.When i saw the first release of bands for BT, I called it 'underwhelming', but the news since then has just got better and better. Not the least bit bothered about who the headliners will be, as this is a cracking line up and the dance tent line up is a real stormer. Well done to all those involved.

have now bought me tickets and assumed the issues last year with the bar, sound, security and camping space will be adequately resolved!

Thanks for the reply, BT Rich, all sounds very good and now even more pleased that I have bought me tickets for what will be our 4th BT.

I've heard good things about Thornbridge Brewery, so looking forwards to sampling their wares!

Re camping, is there thursday night camping available this year, as that would be very welcome.

I like Bearded. I like several bands on the line up. But this is all a bit "festival by numbers" isnt it? It's not as if Dreadzone and the Levs dont play festivals very often...

I was hoping that we might have had some interesting headliners...not just the same old recycled festival fodder

(and I like the Levellers and Dreadzone are ok)

I like Bearded. I like several bands on the line up. But this is all a bit "festival by numbers" isnt it? It's not as if Dreadzone and the Levs dont play festivals very often...

I was hoping that we might have had some interesting headliners...not just the same old recycled festival fodder

It may well be... perhaps.

I also think there's atleast 3000 people who will be more than happy to pay the extremely competitive £75 and have a weekend where they know pretty much what they are getting, and are very happy to start the festival season off with such a winning atmosphere as Bearded.

I think they know their market, and have provided for it very well.

I'd imagine that in my next stop of the summer, where there might be a few thousand more, who are paying a few more quid each, and where they rinse people heavily on the bar etc, that I might be within my rights to hope for a few more gambles, a few more chances, and a bit more 'variety', if you like.