Bearded Theory 2012

Guest Rich BT

Hey Ivan, I'm popping over to BT from wonderful Staly Vegas, what's the chances of a bit of Saxon and some MDF to get me through the night.

I'm pleased with Adam Ant by the way!

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the deuce....is this weather for real....I have been in Morocco for a week, nice and sunny....tried to bring the it back...but you cant do that..maybe it will make its on way over for BT....or maybe I need to invest in some waterpoof clothing..

On another note - Adam Ant - interesting. Am intrigued, never really been bothered by him, but am sure he'll put on a good show. Nice work :)

Mmmm. Snow chains sound a good idea. Saw some lads revving their engine to pieces in the mud at G last year. Don't fancy that happening to me.

A proper set of tyres would be a start. We inherited a set of poxy low profile tyres on the car we have now. It's useless even when I off road it onto grass verges to park it.

Mmmm. Snow chains sound a good idea. Saw some lads revving their engine to pieces in the mud at G last year. Don't fancy that happening to me.

A proper set of tyres would be a start. We inherited a set of poxy low profile tyres on the car we have now. It's useless even when I off road it onto grass verges to park it.

just revving an engine when in mud is the worst thing to do I've seen an ar****le in a 4x4 with all 4 wheels spinning trying to get up a slight slope in the snow the car in front of me and myself just took it carefully and got straight out.

if you have low profile tyres you should have larger wheels otherwise the spedo will be inaccurate and you fuel consumption will rise but you will have better acceleration and if they are a larger wheel and you put a higher profile tyre on you will may find they are fouling the bodywork or suspension.

I understand from my other half that the low profile tyres and wheels are one unit, they were specified when it was ordered new. So we can't take them off, short of buying 4 new wheels with proper tyres, which we aren't going to do because it is only a company car. So I've just got to drive very carefully. Hope they've got tractors to pull people out of the mud at BT-I might need it.

Can we not have talk about mud, snow, rain etc, Its going to be sunny, trust me :D , so back at the ranch....

If anyone is still in doubt about Adam Ant, try listening to "B-Side Babies", dug it out* over the weekend to listen to and wow what a great record, and he plays quite a bit of it on his current tour.

I picked it up cheap at a car boot a few years ago and never really listened to it in full...that was a mistake, some great tracks on there, I think its on spotify so give it a go

*Since digitizing all my records "dug it out" involves typing "adam ant" into foobar, dont you just love technology :D

just revving an engine when in mud is the worst thing to do I've seen an ar****le in a 4x4 with all 4 wheels spinning trying to get up a slight slope in the snow the car in front of me and myself just took it carefully and got straight out.

if you have low profile tyres you should have larger wheels otherwise the spedo will be inaccurate and you fuel consumption will rise but you will have better acceleration and if they are a larger wheel and you put a higher profile tyre on you will may find they are fouling the bodywork or suspension.