Bearded Theory 2012

Guest Rich BT

• Replies 768
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Django Django would be a fantastic booking imho! A band seriously going places at the mo and bang up-to-date....

Their music is the freshest I have heard in a long time...

I was going to say that I second the idea of NMA playing again because they really are the only band in a similar vein to Levs that will satisfy some of us! ;)

(of the other folks listed, I hear Flogging Molly are good........... The Proclaimers - nooooooooo- brings back such uncomfortable memories of the 80's ........................)

Gulp! :unsure: What's this rumour I've just heard about Big Country? Or should I say, Big Alarm Country? Big Country Alarm? :rolleyes: Now, we both love Big Country - but how can it be Big Country without Stuart Adamson? :no2:

Get the Pogues....or get MacGowan in, move the Popes to the Friday and have Macgowan and the popes headine, then get the inner terrestrials to replace the popes. Easy as! Ha. nice thought though.

Ray Davies - get him also....:-)

Placebo would be out the budget range am sure.

We are looking at a possible 2 band replacement of the Levellers and extending the Friday nights programming. One folk and one punk/rock. Both of excellent high standards but this might change again depending on what certain agents come back and say. We approached a load of agents yesterday and again today but ruled out the vast majority as either too expensive or quite simply not available. All of these have been requested either on here, our forum or on efestivals. We will be working into the night again but do not want to jump feet first and booking the first band that becomes available. That said we have had some great offers from bands from the past and also some excellent new ones and we thank them all for getting in touch and we are considering all our options. If not this year we will be in touch with a few of them for future years. Thank you for your on-going patience ;o)>
Edited by Paul ™