Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest zahidf

2013 headliners

118 posts in this topic

Since it's on sale soon!

3 of Pj Harvey, Flaming Lips, Sufjan stevens, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and/or Animal Collective please

Depends if they increase capacity further allowing them to book bigger acts with the extra revenue.

I really hope it stays the same as this year as not a bad word to say.

Latitude was ruined by greed and this could easily go the same way.

i would take all the bands on Zahidf's list. I'd love to see Teenage Fanclub there sometime - that would be a perfect fit.

Can we wait for 2012 first? ;)

Good list - I'd add Decemberists. And I'd love Wilco back. Would love to see Wayne Coyne try to get his ball up the hill on the Woods stage ;)

Otherwise I agree with Nick07 - not sure if we could get some of those bands without increasing capacity, and I'm not sure I'd want that...

Decemberists surely have to play eventually, though they're on some sort of hiatus at the moment. Bon Iver back to the scene of one of his greatest triumphs?

Can Zahidf please help organise the booking for next Year?

Can we wait for 2012 first? ;)

Good list - I'd add Decemberists. And I'd love Wilco back. Would love to see Wayne Coyne try to get his ball up the hill on the Woods stage ;)

Otherwise I agree with Nick07 - not sure if we could get some of those bands without increasing capacity, and I'm not sure I'd want that...

The National, Decemberists, Gillian Welch and if they are going to expand, Arcade Fire please.

If I could choose just one artist/band and I know it would never happen but what the hell, it would be Levon Helm! To have him headlining would be absolutely perfect for EotR I think. (Maybe with Turin Brakes, Lemonheads and The Felice Brothers...)

How about Magnetic Fields? I think they would be amazing headliners. My dream three would be: Magnetic Fields, Jeff Mangum & PJ Harvey.

The Woods Stage is a very big space to play to / fill, and I hope they don't beef up the headliners to do so. The National / Arcade Fire sorts would again change the angle of the festival abit in my opinion.

Sufjan Stevens, Decemberists all sound like good ideas to me. Or a returned Bon Iver (2008 set has to be one of the the greatest things I've ever heard).

Arcade Fire are way too big for End of the Road. I think National may be too big as well.

I think they should get decemberists as a second from top headliner myself...

In my world?

Friday: The Magnetic Fields

Saturday: Manu Chao

Sunday: My Morning Jacket

And the Garden stage headliners would be:

Friday: Sun Kil Moon

Saturday: Tindersticks

Sunday: Lambchop

With staggered stage times of course :P

We surely won't get Arcade Fire - they headlined Electric Picnic and play the 02 Arena. The National would be amazing but I think they're maybe too big now. We needed to get them in 2010, unfortunately, I think.

How about Magnetic Fields? I think they would be amazing headliners. My dream three would be: Magnetic Fields, Jeff Mangum & PJ Harvey.

Bon Iver and My Morning Jacket are two other very good calls. Spoon would be nice too. And seen as the Shins are releasing a new album.

most festival forums are going to be asking for him (and not getting him), but with the new album tom waits would just about do ;)

and yes please to wackjacko's request for james mercer with the new album - i'd be very very happy.

Great suggestions - if a bit ambitious in some cases!

like to add:

The Jayhawks (new album due soon)

Ben Folds (might also be a bit ambitious)

The Dears

And maybe Garden Stage/2nd/3rd on Woods:

Buffalo Tom

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

The Silent League

Bell X1

The Walkabouts

Also think Dan Mangan should do some massive climbing up the bill - be great to see him with the rock band AND the strings/horns

Ben Folds would be fun if it's Five. A reunion isn't out of question at the moment.

Arcade fire no chance, can't see the national being there either.

Sufjan would be awesome but he would most likely be working on something new at the time.

Neko Case would be good.

Would love to see Caribou back at big top. Maybe throw in The Battles as well.

Wye Oak in tipi tent.

Since it's on sale soon!

3 of Pj Harvey, Flaming Lips, Sufjan stevens, Nick Cave and the Bad Seeds and/or Animal Collective please

Calexico, haven't been heard of for a while, must be new material coming sometime soon