2013 headliners

Guest zahidf

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we wait for 2012 first? ;)

Good list - I'd add Decemberists. And I'd love Wilco back. Would love to see Wayne Coyne try to get his ball up the hill on the Woods stage ;)

Otherwise I agree with Nick07 - not sure if we could get some of those bands without increasing capacity, and I'm not sure I'd want that...

The Woods Stage is a very big space to play to / fill, and I hope they don't beef up the headliners to do so. The National / Arcade Fire sorts would again change the angle of the festival abit in my opinion.

Sufjan Stevens, Decemberists all sound like good ideas to me. Or a returned Bon Iver (2008 set has to be one of the the greatest things I've ever heard).

We surely won't get Arcade Fire - they headlined Electric Picnic and play the 02 Arena. The National would be amazing but I think they're maybe too big now. We needed to get them in 2010, unfortunately, I think.

How about Magnetic Fields? I think they would be amazing headliners. My dream three would be: Magnetic Fields, Jeff Mangum & PJ Harvey.

Great suggestions - if a bit ambitious in some cases!

like to add:

The Jayhawks (new album due soon)

Ben Folds (might also be a bit ambitious)

The Dears

And maybe Garden Stage/2nd/3rd on Woods:

Buffalo Tom

Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros

The Silent League

Bell X1

The Walkabouts

Also think Dan Mangan should do some massive climbing up the bill - be great to see him with the rock band AND the strings/horns

Ben Folds would be fun if it's Five. A reunion isn't out of question at the moment.

Arcade fire no chance, can't see the national being there either.

Sufjan would be awesome but he would most likely be working on something new at the time.

Neko Case would be good.

Would love to see Caribou back at big top. Maybe throw in The Battles as well.

Wye Oak in tipi tent.