Under 18's alcohol

Guest Joshoakley

I was 17 at last years leeds and i walked through from the shuttle bus from tesco into camp past the stewards with a bottle of vodka and a crate of strongbow, and all she said was i need to get a plasic bottle for the vodka, and she kept it while i went and got one, she wasnt bothered about age or anything..

Basically they just need to write that as a rule for legal reason, when in reality the Leeds staff could not give a shit, unless they've sold the minor the booze then they aren't liable. Obviously in extreme situations they'll enforce it, ie. one man walks in with 120 cans in a wheelbarrow or a 13 year old walks in supping a can of lager, but if you're 16 or over you are safe with possession of booze at Leeds.

I first went (Reading, not Leeds) when I had just turned 17, and didn't have a problem strolling through the gate carrying a crate. So last year I thought that it'd be fine again (I was 18 then), and told my friends who were just shy of 18 that they wouldn't have a problem, we got to the entrance to Orange and the security guys at the door ID'd us all, two girls had to give over a 24 crate of strongbow because they didn't have ID... whether this was because they've gotten stricter, or because they were pissed off due to the rain on the thursday I don't know, but I would advise asking an 18 year old to carry it in for you if possible, just in case.

What are the bars in the arena like? Are they strict about it? I'm tall and have reasonable facial hair ;). Just wondering if I could get served.

Also out of interest, has anyone ever tried buying a birthday badge/ sache saying '19 today!' and using it? I personally think it would work.