Benicassim 2012

Guest MichaelDoyle

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it is then it will definately work. It's quite common for people to line their tents with that "space blanket" type of material. It reflects heat. So wearing it keeps your heat in but lining your tent with it will keep the suns heat out.

It defo works at keeping the heat at bay, but the downside is that it makes a feckin' racket in the slightest wind. Imagine someone scrunching tin foil in your ear all night.

I've considered the apartment but I just feel it wouldnt be right to miss out on the campsite. An apartment would feel so far away from the action. A nice road trip in a campervan would have been a great plan though. If only I had more holidays from work. I know I'll probably regret the camping decision half way through the week but your only young once right?! :L

We're luckily only a 15 min walk from the festival, so hopefully we won't feel too far removed. Plus I hear the beach is the place to be during the day! I'd love to do a campervan road trip but they are pretty expensive to hire.

Does anyone know if there are plenty of cash machines about? If so I might get one of those Pre paid cash cards from Thomas cook! They are dead handy to have and they give you two so if one gets nicked/stolen you can cancel one and use the other!

Do excited! Not excited about being cooked alive in a tent but my mate has said there is a netting thing you can get from camping shops that deflects heat! Apparently same thing they use in army or sumat!

Actually you might be on too something. It's cheaper than my debit card in terms of withdraws.

How much would people reckon budget wise? I'm quite frugal and don't think i will go to many restaurants, hopefully just eat from supemarkets.

I hear alcohol is quite cheap?

Hello all,

This is my second Beni and just a quick question about trains.

Flying to Barca and planning to get the train down on the Monday. Last year, I booked my train's in advance from Alicante to Beni for around £30 on Renfe, however, a few of my mates chose not to book and on the day in Alicante bought tickets for 7 Euros for the same train and they did this on multiple journeys where some of us had paid the quoted price online in advance.

Bit of a dilemma whether to actually book in advance considering what happened last year.

Any advice?

Many thanks

There are plenty of cash machines/banks. Bring some cash with you and use your debit/credit card to lift more when needed. It's only a couple of quid charge, just like some of the machines in the uk!

For anyone that hasn't been before, Benicassim is a Spanish holiday town for Spaniards so it's well equipped for tourists. Just try and speak a little Spanish and don't be the typical ignorant British c*nt abroad! Even if it's something as simple as dos cerveza :)

Anyone camping, buy a cool box for cold beers in the morning!

lads

any1 know the best way to get from marina d'or to reus airport? a lot of the transport is sold out. my flight leaves at 10 pm on the monday night and i wanna leave oropesa as late as possible so im not hanging around d airport too long or leave early in the morning so i could maybe spend the day in salou r sumtin

any help wud b v much appreciated

cheers

long time since posting on here!

I'll be going to benicassim this year, booked as soon as i found out stone roses are playing. This will be the 3rd time I've been but havent been since 08, I imagine alot of things have changed since then..

Me and the missus are getting a coach down on monday afternoon straight after my flight from newcastle, really cannot wait!

TICKETS

Hi, I was wondering if anyone could help clarify an issue for me? I am interested in buying tickets for beni off of a girl I know who can no longer go. I have been to beni before and remember that to get the wristband you need to present the ticket and your passport, which I thought was to evidence that the person who originallybought the tickets is there....But if my friend won't be there will I still get the wristbands? Any help would be much appreciated!

Hey,

Last time i went in 2009 my mates parent had bought the tickets with a credit card, and obviously she wasn't there.

After talking over it for a while and checking my mates ID to see they were related by name they let us get our bands. Not sure if it's still as strict. I think a photocopy of the person who bought it's passport is preferred.