Benicassim 2012

Guest MichaelDoyle

hi

im travelling to benicassim this year for the festival but can any1 tell me if its better to stay in oropesa del mar or castellon de plana?

both are about 10km away from festival but in opposite directions

im just wondering has any1 stayed in either b4? which has more shuttle buses? which is easier to get to the fest? which area is nicer? has more bars/restaurants etc?

thanks for your help

regards

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i've stayed in Oropesa for the last 2 years and to be honest its probably a bit quiet , there are plenty of bars and we have our favourite and he serves us till we ready to leave , but i don't think its the place to be for the festival goer , its ok for me and mine cos we are old and decrepit

Cant wait for it now, just need to find 2 people to fill apartment spaces !

i could be up for one of those rooms :) whats the costings so far?

i second shaun :) although i should mention i'm 36, but a yound 36 obviuosly! whats a number eh! lol

happy to get to know people before hand they want to messange and stuff so not totally strangers...

Edited by spacehopper75

i've stayed in Oropesa for the last 2 years and to be honest its probably a bit quiet , there are plenty of bars and we have our favourite and he serves us till we ready to leave , but i don't think its the place to be for the festival goer , its ok for me and mine cos we are old and decrepit

most of the apartments at Marina Dor - oropesa are the same - two bedrooms and either 1 or 2 bathrooms, air conditioning and swuiming pools - The airport transfers are quite good from alicante, barcelona (El Prat) gerona, reus and valencia - there are also shuttle busses from the resort to the festivals from around 5pm till 8 am next day -

we organised taxis , a minibus cost us 140euro between 6 of us and it is so hassle free , we got an apartment in oropesa 5mtrs from the beach and works out at 180euros a head for 2 weeks , the bar next door is fantastic and we have , i hope , made friends for life with the owner Yam and his wife Angel , but bear in mind i am fat and old and as much as i like to "have it" oropesa is quiet and probably not for ya "average" festival goer

Hi Rdaphne - im am sorry but you are not giving the correct information regarding the service available during the 4 days of the festival - the local bus pass, opperated by autos mediterraneo at 12.50 euros, DOES NOT cover, or run during the hours of 17.00 (5pm) and 08.00 (8am) but there is TWO companies that opperate SHUTTLE services, more o less NON-STOP from 5PM and 8AM at at cos t of 50 euros for the duiation of the festival - the taxsi as you mention charge approx 40 euros each way by a LEGAL regestired WHITE taxi - a COWBOY - PIRATE - NOT INSURED and NOT LEGAL CAR, charges whatever he can get out of the customer - las summer,even RAPE. Hope that we clear a bit this matter for all the FIBERS, that plan to stay at Oropesa del Mar, either at the Marina Dor Holiday Resort or any other area of this popular spanish town. Near the date and when the offical FIBERFIB website is fully opperational, there will be more information on "how to get around"

When are we expecting the next announcement, anyone know?

Also camping related question, we are going for 1st time and have decided to brave camping (budget reasons as much as anything else), ive seen some advice about covering (or if possible tying to a tree overhead) your tent with tarpaulin to help keep the heat off. Has anyone any experience of this making a difference?and also what are security like about this?

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a bit of help from those of you who have been to Benicassim and know the town/festival quite well.

I'm currently in Madagascar and they make really nice/decent straw sunhats here for quite cheap. I'm thinking of buying a thousand or so and bringing them over to Spain for Benicassim. Is it something you can imagine selling well?

The other thing I was wondering is whether or not to try to get a stall inside the festival itself or trying to sell the hats somewhere on the way between the campsite and the beach. Is there anywhere you could imagine would be a decent place to set up stall?

Sorry if this isn't directly related to the festival - just looking for a bit of help and it is difficult to find out much info from here in Madagascar.

Thanks,

Rob

Hi Rdaphne - im am sorry but you are not giving the correct information regarding the service available during the 4 days of the festival - the local bus pass, opperated by autos mediterraneo at 12.50 euros, DOES NOT cover, or run during the hours of 17.00 (5pm) and 08.00 (8am) but there is TWO companies that opperate SHUTTLE services, more o less NON-STOP from 5PM and 8AM at at cos t of 50 euros for the duiation of the festival - the taxsi as you mention charge approx 40 euros each way by a LEGAL regestired WHITE taxi - a COWBOY - PIRATE - NOT INSURED and NOT LEGAL CAR, charges whatever he can get out of the customer - las summer,even RAPE. Hope that we clear a bit this matter for all the FIBERS, that plan to stay at Oropesa del Mar, either at the Marina Dor Holiday Resort or any other area of this popular spanish town. Near the date and when the offical FIBERFIB website is fully opperational, there will be more information on "how to get around"