Latest Festivals News

Festival Search

eFestivals Camping Store

Recent Topics

Photo

Benicassim 2012

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
1451 replies to this topic

#641 Simon_Ainsworth

Simon_Ainsworth

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 07:55 PM

70cl bottle of vodka is 4euros in Lidl, great way to get on it before you go into the arena. We stock up the car with loads of this and just leave it in there til we need more

Take stuff to do in the day, a CD player, cards, uno whatever, but you will be woken up at 8.30ish by the sun and you wont be going out until the earliest 9pm so you have a lot of time to kill - best thing to do is just get on it early

Finally, the most important - book a couple of days off of work after the festival, you will need it!

Im driving down, wondering what the situation with parking? is it like uk festivals and theres a car park?

#642 the salmon

the salmon

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 08:16 PM

Im driving down, wondering what the situation with parking? is it like uk festivals and theres a car park?

I am in exactly the same position, need to know where I can park

#643 rdaphne

rdaphne

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 06 March 2012 - 09:45 PM

Hmmm, need to start planning last few things, start saving & shopping for summer clothes, there's an oxymoron haha.

I'm going to Beni solo, flying straight from Alicante on the 16th to East Midlands Airport then going by train up to Peterborough for Secret Garden Party then going straight from SGP to Nottingham for Volkswagen training on the 22nd, no idea how I'm going to get all my stuff around, can anyone come up with a solution?

Won't be home for around 3-4 weeks so need to sort out washing all my clothes, taking smart clothing for training but obviously I can't take it to Spain, it's a nightmare!

Also, I know some people will shout but is it worth starting to use the sunbeds before I go to Benni just to get a tan so I don't burn as easy/ look like casper the ghost?

i got no idea how to help , loving the thought you putting into though fella , the tan thing made laugh out loud

#644 Bettlee

Bettlee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:09 AM

There's parking near the venue/camping no worries ^_^

#645 Bettlee

Bettlee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:12 AM

Hi there, (sorry of this has already been asked, but could not find!) Does Beni release one day tickets? A crowd of us would love to see ATDI and plan to incorporate our hols to suit. Cant find any info on this online. -S

also wondered how close to the gig do the band line up will show which day they are playing...

Any help anyone?

I think last year the day tickets were on FIB site www.fiberfib.com nearer to date and when line up near complete? but I think they may have only showed up on the Spanish side of the website? they were about 70€ ish

#646 thomohoq

thomohoq

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 85 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:54 AM

Lovely day outside......think i might test out this Heinekken nonsense. Better get the taste for it :drinks:

When are we expecting another announcement??

Edited by thomohoq, 07 March 2012 - 12:55 PM.

#647 Boothy380

Boothy380

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 117 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:45 PM

Next week I'd say, hoping Editors are playing now they've been announced for Werchter.

#648 sprostongreen

sprostongreen

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 122 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 01:51 PM

Bloc Party announced for BBK so they probably won't be playing Beni

#649 makhulumo

makhulumo

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 02:30 PM

If it wasn't for the walking bags of shit that are Sn*w Patrol I genuinely think I'd prefer Bilbao BBK's line up. Beni still just beating it for me but so it should when it costs nearly double the price! Gutted about Bloc Party, we need some proper up and coming festival acts though, Bon Iver, WU LYF, Metronomy, Yuck, Girls, line up needs improving desperately

#650 jonnyhallam

jonnyhallam

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 05:34 PM

theres a big car park at the front and a smaller one round the back (both free). We parked in the one round the back as it was nearer to our tent.

Be careful using your car in the day. If you come back too late the car park fills up and you can struggle to get a space. My advice is to stock up on all your booze food at the start, keep it in the boot (we always hire a big car) and dont use it again until you leave.

#651 philly_eds

philly_eds

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 08:07 PM

So Optimus Alive have just added Refused to their line up. A line up that already includes The Stone Roses, The Cure, Radiohead, Justice etc... with ticket prices there also being a lot cheaper than Beni. Anyone else regretting buying a Beni ticket? Or feeling slightly ripped off in comparison? I really do hope we get some positive announcements soon... :S

#652 rug568

rug568

AWESOM-O

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,373 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 09:22 PM

So Optimus Alive have just added Refused to their line up. A line up that already includes The Stone Roses, The Cure, Radiohead, Justice etc...

That's not fair.

#653 davywalsh7

davywalsh7

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 177 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 10:37 PM

So Optimus Alive have just added Refused to their line up. A line up that already includes The Stone Roses, The Cure, Radiohead, Justice etc... with ticket prices there also being a lot cheaper than Beni. Anyone else regretting buying a Beni ticket? Or feeling slightly ripped off in comparison? I really do hope we get some positive announcements soon... :S

Optimus def looks d better option at d mo, wish I hadn't booked my flights and acc. Benicassim Wud wanna get their fingers out and announce a few more decent bands and at least one more headliner

#654 Welshyyy

Welshyyy

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 442 posts

Posted 07 March 2012 - 11:33 PM

Optimus does look a lot better, but truthfully i don't really like any acts on both line ups aha! Radiohead at Optimus and At the Drive in at Benicassim, i'm just going to experience it really :D can't wait though :)

#655 RossTC

RossTC

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 268 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:43 AM

flights and accom all sorted, roll on July!

#656 Rhyscot

Rhyscot

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 627 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 11:53 AM

This line-ups lacking some good Djs and dance artists like Diplo/Majorlazer, A-trak/Duck sauce, skrillex, knife party, Swedish house, annie mac.

#657 andy85

andy85

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 01:02 PM

So if they've sold 3000 tickets for £125 and are selling 5000 tickets now for £155 does that mean they haven't even sold 8000 yet?!

Is it a slow uptake his year or is it always like this?

#658 Sarge009

Sarge009

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 07:07 PM

For the Beni demographic, Stone Roses, The Cure and Radiohead all in one place at Optimus is miles better than what FIB have put out so far. Surely they can't have splashed it all on Stone Roses as I bet Optimus have less of a budget than Beni any day. Could it be to do with the Costa de Fuego fest?

#659 Shaun Child

Shaun Child

Addicted

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 103 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:23 PM

Booked shuttle transfers from Alicante to the festival & back with eufest, anyone ever used them before? What are the buses like? Does it party all the way to Benni & Back? ;)

#660 the salmon

the salmon

Festival Freak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 305 posts

Posted 08 March 2012 - 09:24 PM

theres a big car park at the front and a smaller one round the back (both free). We parked in the one round the back as it was nearer to our tent.

Be careful using your car in the day. If you come back too late the car park fills up and you can struggle to get a space. My advice is to stock up on all your booze food at the start, keep it in the boot (we always hire a big car) and dont use it again until you leave.

Thats useful advice, we went for a car purely because it probably worked out a similar price for the 6 of us as it was to get the transfers from EUfest, plus we are staying on in Benidorm for 3 or 4 days after Beni so just makes it easier that we have a car for the 10 days that we are out there.

I doubt we will look to move the car, it will be used for some careful storage of alcohol and maybe a bit of air conditioned sleeping time ;)

Thanks