Benicassim 2012

Guest MichaelDoyle

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Melvin suggested around 5 years ago at a conference that he'd start trying to get clauses in the contracts of the top bands he booked for R/L that applied to their euro fests. It went down like a lead balloon with the promoters, agents, etc that were sat in front of him.

I'm pretty sure that while he might have tried doing that, he's not succeeded. I've seen nothing since then to suggest he's managed to restrict what acts can do in the rest of Europe off the back of him booking them for R/L.

Well then you're a moron....

They already have:

Roses, New Order, Florence, NGHFB, ATDI, Guetta, De la Soul, Miles kane, Dizzee, Maccabees, Bombay bicycle club, Crystal castles, Horrors, Example & the Vaccines.....plus loads more

I'm not saying for a second you should like all those acts. I don't like them all. But how far do you think a festival's budget stretches....

People's expectations are far too high these days.....

fucking hell all that for Chase & Status and the Buzzcocks! what a Joke we at least all the head liners by this time last year! I'm getting annoyed with the way they're announcing the bands now! How do they expect to sell any more tickets without announcing any more big bands?