Benicassim 2012

Guest MichaelDoyle

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

'The new additions join headliners The Stone Roses and Florence And The Machine, as well as New Order, Crystal Castles, The Vaccines, Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds, Miles Kane and Bombay Bicycle Club, who have all been previously confirmed for the festival, which runs from July 12-15 next summer.'

NME's article - could suggest ATDI aren't headlining?

I'm not too fussed that ATDI are getting a headline slot, I am more fussed that Florence is surely now labelled as one of the larger headliners rather than the smaller headliner, which I originally thought she was going to be. Oh well she will draw a massive crowd.

Guessing the main stage will look something like this then

Thursday

At the Drive-in

Friday

Florence

Dizzie Rascal

David Guetta

Saturday

Stone Roses

Noel Gallagher

The Maccabees

Bombay Bicycle Club

Sunday

4th Headliner

New Order

The Vaccines

If it is true that At The Drive In are headlining as it seems almost certain that they are, I won't lie and say I wasn't more than a tad disappointed. But overall I still think the festival is looking canny, there are probably already more acts overall that I want to see than in most of the previous years. I still think a really strong headliner could tip the scales into a really strong lineup. I'd just like to personally thank whoever started the Blur rumour off, been listening to them all week since I saw the rumours on this forum so you can imagine my disappointment this morning!

Despite not having listened to At the Drive In I am intrigued, but the final headliner needs to be decent because the undercard is so disappointing, seemingly identikit festival line-ups everywhere now. Could we not have people like M83, Bon Iver etc etc rather than bands who milked the circuit last year and are everywhere this year and this utter dross chav-fest of Guetta, Rascal and utter tripe like that.

My mate was complaining about blur and if that is their only show I will be really pissed off, yeah great everyone will be able to see you then! London-centric shit.

I get people saying it's a holiday etc but when you're shelling out near £200-300 on it to get some of the drivel we've been served up so far it's hard not to moan

To be honest, i'm going more for the weather to have a right good holiday with my mates. The music is secondary but there is plenty there that will keep me bouncing/dancing all night long.

It's impossible to please all of the people all of the time. If you don't like the line up, go to another festival you like the look of. If you've already bought tickets then you took a risk but you must have done so realising it's more than the music. So in other words, stop yer feckin moaning :)

Quote from ATDI Official Twitter

"AT THE DRIVE IN is proud to announce our first show in Europe: Thursday July 12 FIB Benicassim in Costa Azahar, Spain!"

http://www.florenceandthemachine.net/live/upcoming/40-60

^^ shows they are also playing the thursday

does this mean they could be "co-headlining" and we could await 2 more headliners???