Benicassim 2012

Guest MichaelDoyle

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've just got my tent and I thought I was being smart in buying a pop up tent to save on weight etc when flying but now I'm faced with the dilemma of size :( its about 30 inches wide and the same tall when it's packed away. Has anyone had experience flying with a pop up tent of this size? Pretty worried :/

If anyones contemplating flying with Ryanair or other budget airlines with a pop up tent I'd be tempted to cut my losses and buy a cheap standard tent instead. Better that than arriving at a check in desk to be slapped with a charge for extra baggage. Especially with Ryanair, who knows what ridiculous term or condition they'll pull out in order to squeeze a few extra quid from you.

I'm flying with jet2, they say on their website about arranging with them about oversized luggage like sports equipment/musical instruments etc so maybe they can compromise with tents.

I was also thinking the same thing, I have a round cow pop-up tent which is about 60+cm in diameter.

Flying with bmibaby, anyone ever used them? Think I'll take a small tesco tent I can fit in my bag because I'm going straight to Secret Garden Party when I fly back so will have to use the same tent (:

I'm still excited about it. I'm quite used to European festivals where there's not tons of big name bands, so for me there's still quite a lot of acts that I'm excited about. At the Drive-In, Bat for Lashes, Bombay Bicycle Club, Buzzcocks, Crystal Castles, De La Soul, Dizzee Rascal, Florence, The Horrors, Little Dragon, The Maccabees, Miles Kane, New Order, Noel Gallagher, Sebastian, The Stone Roses and Vaccines. Plus I imagine when I've been drinking most of the day I won't mind a bit of Example, Katy B or David Guetta.

We're paying the second half of our apartment at the end of the month, and we should be able to book train tickets in May so it's almost sorted. Just need to get my spending money together now.

Im dying to see what the splits are, as I am planning to get a day ticket for the 12th as my friends are ATDI fans. Just thought I'd share a bot of info I came across this morning: Bombay Bicyle Club have Jul 13th on their website. aw I'm disappointed it would of been sweet if they were playing same date...

Edited by Fi_83

Still havent booked accomodation yet for me and my mate and begining to panic. If anyone knows anyone sub letting a room or can point me in the right direction of some good deals, can you get in touch please. Only staying Thursday - Sunday then heading to Barca on the Monday. Cheers. John

Still havent booked accomodation yet for me and my mate and begining to panic. If anyone knows anyone sub letting a room or can point me in the right direction of some good deals, can you get in touch please. Only staying Thursday - Sunday then heading to Barca on the Monday. Cheers. John