"Exclusivity"

Guest iPaulo xD

I dont get all this lieing by the organisers.

"We welcome MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE as first time headliners at their only English festival appearance of the year".

Ok this is not true as they were at big weekend, oxegen, and t in the park.

They keep saying how exclusive they want their acts to be, but i mean Pulp are at Wireless and were at Glastonbury.

Its saying something that the reading and leeds headliners are not even headlining the second stage at other festivals..

[quote name=iPaulo xD' timestamp='1309436070' post='3652597]

"We welcome MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE as first time headliners at their only English festival appearance of the year".

They keep saying how exclusive they want their acts to be, but i mean Pulp are at Wireless and were at Glastonbury.

Its saying something that the reading and leeds headliners are not even headlining the second stage at other festivals..

Edited by swede

Edited by Benj

they should just cut the crap with this exclusivity - by announcing its exclusive and it turns out not to be it becomes a joke - much like download with FNM in 09 when they headlined as exclusives only to appear on the R&L bill after that performance.

if it isn't announced as an exclusive, but then appears as an exclusive as they aren't booked anywhere else then thats fair enough.

For f**k sake why start this shit up again? Festival promoters are full of shit, some festival goers don't understand the term exclusive or basic geography.

MCR and The Strokes ARE exclusives, it's just that the terms of their exclusivity (England only) don't really mean anything and because that wasn't made clear by the promoters everyone's calling them liars. They never said that they were UK exclusives or that they wouldn't be appearing at other UK festivals, they were just deceptive and a bit tight with the truth (they never mentioned England only when they used the word exclusive). It's a bit cheeky and I don't think anyone will believe them in the future but getting some kind of exclusivity is a good selling tool in such a competitive market (that TITP doesn't have to deal with) so you can't blame them for trying to desperately get some sort of advantage from it.

They should have just come out and said England exclusives (like IOW did with Foos) instead of (either intentionally or unintentionally) misleading people, but hey, they didn't. I don't see how it matters unless you're going to T and R&L.

My Chemical Romance are an exclusive headliner, they are not headlining anywhere else in England, so in reality makes them an exclusive headliner. I think we need to get over this know, and just look forward to the weekend, in reality it is not that bad, and in 8 weeks time i will be watching Muse on the main stage, and tbh i can't wait.

They are exclusive to the main stage at Reading and Leeds, they wont be playing on any other Reading and Leeds stage! Wow.

I know I'm just flogging a dead horse here, but when Melvin expects us to fork out our hard earned cash before the line-up is announced, ie. in good faith, it's perfectly within our rights for us to complain about a band that have never headlined before, whom were bottled off last time they played, get headline slot.

They are exclusive to the main stage at Reading and Leeds, they wont be playing on any other Reading and Leeds stage! Wow.

I know I'm just flogging a dead horse here, but when Melvin expects us to fork out our hard earned cash before the line-up is announced, ie. in good faith, it's perfectly within our rights for us to complain about a band that have never headlined before, whom were bottled off last time they played, get headline slot.

Doesn't matter they're trying new bands. I'm all for trying new things, especially where music is concerned.

But they should use sizable bands which don't just appeal to certain people. MCR are more a band for download so the little 12 year olds in skinny jeans can flick their hair and bitch about everything being so mainstream.

Edited by Mega Ross

Never said he forced me to, but that's what we are expected to do, tickets go on sale before the line up. So when the tickets are sold, FR are asking for the trust of their customers based on previous line-ups. What you're saying is "well don't buy them then", but what I'm saying is Melvin shouldn't tell us we can't complain when he's the one asking us to buy tickets pre-line-up. Fair enough you wanted to wait, but if you look at how quickly they sold out over the past years, I wanted to be sure to get a ticket.

Doesn't matter they're trying new bands. I'm all for trying new things, especially where music is concerned.

But they should use sizable bands which don't just appeal to certain people. MCR are more a band for download so the little 12 year olds in skinny jeans can flick their hair and bitch about everything being so mainstream.