If there's one thing you could change for 2013...

Guest Gnomicide

Look, I don't want to be picky. Christ knows there's enough moaning in loads of other threads. I had a great time but I'd like to make a suggestion for the next time.

Can you please, please get someone to set the urinals at a height where you don't have to be 6 foot tall to use them?

I haven't had to pee in a vertical direction since seeing who could get theirs the highest up the wall at school (the strange thing being in our school was that the girls always won).

Thanks

A really not that short Gnomicide.

Any other suggestions?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To not leave my interior lights on which resulted in a flat battery and no stereo for 6 hour journey due to not having the code!! Though the lovelly AA man sorted car out in less than an hour - had an image of spending hours of Sunday waiting for him.

Have JCB's skim off the top coat of very sticky mud and dump it somewhere and then start again with a firmer sub soil. At the end of the festival return the dumped clay/soil back where it was before. Must be a reason why this isn't done but can't for the life of me think why. If it's scrapping off soil with grass seeds then artificially introduce them back in if at all necessary. The place makes £30M plus in ticket sales. Surely they could buy some grass seeds!

Make the width of the metal pathways twice the size. This would cost money though. That'll be at the heart of it.

Sorry to be obvious (and mention something that we have absolutely no control over) but the weather. Really put me on a downer this year :(

Other than that - less people probably. Apart from the obvious, it was particularly difficult to move around this year I thought.

I would go back to having no entertainment or acts on the Wednesday and Thursday. It's the increase in the amount of stuff going on on these two days which has lead to an increase in people coming in on a Wednesday, which obviously has a knock on effect with Q's everywhere! Also, its the random bimbling and wondering on these two days that have lead to some of the best memories I have of Glasto and even though I know I can still do this, it seems the extra entertainment is a distraction! Even the stone circle on these two days seems quieter with less weird and wonderful things going on :(

I also agree about the gas cannister comment! I could hear these bloody things everywhere!

And finally, I think the message of not trashing the farm needs to be stronger. The waste left behind is nothing short of disgusting. Also the amount of men I saw pissing in the hedges etc was disgusting. I even saw a couple of women peeing up against the fence in Arcadia on Friday night. These people have no regard for the festival and the fact that if this sort of behavious continues it could effect the festivals survival.

the gate D issue would be a start, the queuing of traffic on the roads has gone but manifested into a worse queue on site due the tuesday opening of carparks .

i have never known anything like it ,we joined the queue at 5.30 and got to our pitch at 12.30 .

that hill was a killer to gate D in the mud ,a right mission and a half.

unfortunately i cant see things changing tho ,gate D will always be an issue and people will just have to put up with the situation, or just make the hole in the bush a lot bigger stick a temp bridge there at least that way we wont have to walk up that fookin hill,and it will eleviate the queue jumpers and stop people getting narky before they have even got onsite.

Was it laughing gas? I saw loads of people inhaling from balloons but not one of them appeared to laugh afterwards. Sorry if I am naive as to what laughing gas is.

As for one improvement, how about having the official t shirts in a decent variety of accurate sizes? On the Thursday there was little choice and for a nine year old girl we had to buy "small ladies" as all the kids sizes were clearly designed for dolls.

Gate D queueing - they need to put down metal tracking through the Harris fencing to PGD. The mud at the wonky camber at the entrance up to the flat bit where West 40/Whit entrance comes in was the culprit for the lengthy queues this year.

Before the rain started, it was tough going after just 2000 or so people had got past, after that plus the rain it was impassable. I would expect that next year there may/will be a redesign to this bottle neck/choke point. The approach from West 40 is downhill and straight onto the flat.

I think that htere should be more variety in the late night events. If you aren't interested in dancing the night away then there is very little choice. You've got silent disco and rabbit hole in the Park - all dance orientated then there is Arcadia and that lot are all involved in dance music. Nowhere is there somewhere you can listen to rock or folk music or actual disco. The only place I found with some variety is the Bimble Inn and that is tiny. Maybe there should a be a rock club or Arcadia spends one night just playing 70s disco.

Gate D queueing - they need to put down metal tracking through the Harris fencing to PGD. The mud at the wonky camber at the entrance up to the flat bit where West 40/Whit entrance comes in was the culprit for the lengthy queues this year.

Before the rain started, it was tough going after just 2000 or so people had got past, after that plus the rain it was impassable. I would expect that next year there may/will be a redesign to this bottle neck/choke point. The approach from West 40 is downhill and straight onto the flat.

Totally agree with this and feel it should be of major concern when planning the next festival. They've thought about how to (attempt) to stop people dropping cups and cans in with the circumcision chicken wire but how they haven't realised they're too high (I'm 5 8 or so and still can quite reach some) is beyond me and you have kids who need to use them too.

For me there needs to be a larger family camping area near the kidz fields. I took my two little ones for the first time this year and by the time we got in at gate C the family camping near the kidz fields was full and we had to trek our stuff to Wicket ground, plus we had to make two more round trips too and from the car. With kids and in-laws in tow in really took the shine off the first two days of the festival.

They either have to relocate the kidz field, make the family camping area around it larger, or make you confirm the number of children you are bringing when you book the tickets and then allocate you a suitable gate in terms of location to a family camping area.